Research Student Withdrawal

If you are an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught student please refer to the UG and PGT section.

You are permitted to withdraw from your programme of study at any time and for any reason, but any fees or fines that you have outstanding must still be paid.

Once you withdraw from a programme, your registration is terminated, and you cease to be a student of the University. If you are considering withdrawal from study due to adverse personal circumstances you should ensure that you have first considered interrupting your studies instead.

To help the University understand the reasons for your withdrawal, and to formally tell the University about your decision to withdraw, you are asked to complete a form, available by accessing the link below.

Each section of the form should be completed in the order it is listed on the form.  If a section is not relevant please enter N/A and continue to the next section until all signatures have been obtained.

If you are an international student, following College approval you must make an appointment with the International Student Support Office to see an International Student Advisor (ISA) for approval. If you are abroad you should email the ISA with details of your withdrawal and the College should obtain the signature on the form on your behalf.

Once all parties have signed the form, the College should write to you and a copy of the form and letter will be sent to the Postgraduate Administration Office to update your record.

The University's Statement of Procedures on the withdrawal of students may be found by accessing the link below:

Statement of Procedures: Periods of Registration and Changes to Registration Status for Graduate Research Students

Please download the PGR Withdrawal Form here.