For more information on scholarships and studentships visit our Funding pages
Access to Exeter Bursary 2012/13
The Access to Exeter Bursary scheme for 2012/13 starters is a non-competitive bursary available to full-time UK and EU undergraduate students with a household income of less than £42,600. It is a non-repayable award paid on-top of any statutory support from the government.
Students must make an application for means-tested student finance.
The household income* figure calculated by the relevant student funding body assessing your application for student finance (e.g. Student Finance England) will be used to assess your eligibility for the bursary and the level of award you will receive.
The table below shows the household income thresholds and bursary amounts for 2012/13 entrants:
|Household Income||Exeter Bursary|
|Up to £25,000||£1,500|
|£25,001 to £35,000||£1,000|
|£35,001 to £42,600||£500|
Provided you continue to meet the eligibility criteria (see below), you should receive the bursary for each year of you undergraduate studies at the University of Exeter.
*for information on how your household income is calculated, please visit DirectGov.
- From a household with an income of £42,600 or under
- Registered full-time undergraduate with Home UK/EU fee status
- Applied and approved for means-tested funding through UK student finance providers
- Paying tuition fees of £9,000.*
* Some students will not be paying the full fees personally so are not eligible for this bursary; these include NHS funded students. Please check your course details if you are unsure.
How to apply
To be considered for an Access to Exeter Bursary in 2016/17, you must:
- Complete an 'Application for Student Finance' for the 2016/17 academic year. Making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested.
- EU students need to complete an Higher Education Bursary application form, which is available from Student Finance England. If you are applying for a tuition fee loan, this will be sent to you automatically after you have applied.
- Give consent for your household income details to be shared with the University of Exeter when you make your application for student finance (your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University of Exeter and used to assess you for the bursary).
- Register with the University of Exeter for the academic year 2016/17
- EU students wishing to be considered for a bursary, who qualify for tuition fee support only, will need to complete a Higher Education Bursary Application form, available from Student Finance England.
Notification of your Bursary
Eligible students will receive written confirmation of their bursary award once the student finance assessment has been completed and the household income figure has been received by the University of Exeter.
Once you have registered at the University you can check confirmation of your bursary award using the finance tab of your on-line Student Records System account. If you are still unsure please contact the Student Funding Team via the Student Information Desk on 08444 724724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions for 2016/17 are expected to be available from August 2016.
To find out more information on all of our bursaries, you can visit our Frequently Asked Questions section in the Student Information Desk.