For information on scholarships and other bursaries please visit our Funding pages.
UK Access to Exeter Bursary
Information for Pre 2012/13 Entrants
The UK Access to Exeter Bursary scheme is a non-competitive bursary available to full-time undergraduate students with a low household income from anywhere in the UK. It is a non-repayable award paid on-top of any statutory support from the government.
Students must make an application for means-tested student finance (via DirectGov).
The household income figure calculated by the body assessing your application for student finance will be used to assess your eligibility for the bursary and the level of award you will receive.
The table below shows how much you are likely to receive:
|Household Income||Exeter Bursary|
|Up to £25,000||£1,500|
|£25,001 to £35,000||£750|
Provided you continue to meet the eligibility criteria (see below), you should receive the bursary for each year of your undergraduate studies at the University of Exeter.
- From a household with an income of £35,000 or under
- Registered full-time undergraduate with Home UK fee status
- Applied and approved for means-tested funding through UK student finance providers.
- Paying full variable rate tuition fee*
- Not on a full year abroad or industrial placement
* Some students will not be paying the full fees personally so are not eligible for this bursary; these include NHS funded students. Please check your course details if you are unsure.
How to apply
To be considered for a UK Access to Exeter Bursary in 2016/17, you must:
- Complete an 'Application for Student Finance' for the 2016/17 academic year, making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested. You can find full details at www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance
- Give consent for your household income details to be shared with the University when you make your application for student finance (your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University and used to assess you for the bursary).
- Register with the University of Exeter for the academic year 2016/17 (by doing this you are accepting the bursary terms and conditions – see below)
Notification of your Bursary
Eligible students will receive email confirmation of their bursary award once the student finance assessment has been completed and the household income figure has been received by the University of Exeter.
Once you have registered at the University you can check confirmation of your bursary award using the finance tab of your on-line Student Records System account. If you are still unsure please contact the Student Funding Team via the Student Information Desk on 08444 724724 or email email@example.com
Payment of your Bursary in 2016/17
Payments are made in 3 instalments and will be made direct to a nominated bank account, with each instalment weighted according to the number of weeks in each term. The table below shows the dates of each instalment and how your payments will be weighted according to your total bursary:
|Payment Dates ||Total Yearly Bursary|
|28th October 2016||£600||£300|
|13th January 2017||£600||£300|
|5th May 2017||£300||£150|
In order for us to process payments, students must supply the University of Exeter with their correct bank details. You can add bank details during registration or at any time after you have registered via the finance tab of your online Student Records System account.
Important - If we do not have your bank details then payments cannot be made. If we have the incorrect bank details then payments may be paid to an incorrect account. Should this happen then the funds will need to be reclaimed from the bank before any further payments can be paid to your correct account. The timescale of this repayment then rests with the bank. We advise all students to check their bank details are present and accurate by visiting their student record.