Booking an appointment
The AccessAbility and Mental Health teams work together to put study support adjustments in place for students with a disability, specific learning difficulty, long term health condition, or mental health condition. Our advisers can meet with students to discuss the issues they are experiencing as a result of their disability or long term health condition, and to consider possible reasonable adjustments as part of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) including exam adjustments.
To ensure we arrange the right appointment with the right person, please complete the online request form below. Before completing this form, please ensure that you read the following with regards to how your information may be shared with other staff within the University, and about declaring your health to the University - current students declaring a disability
- Please complete the below form to request an initial appointment for disability advice and guidance. This can include creating an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and arranging exam adjustments. Please ensure you have medical evidence which you are able to upload before completing this form. Our medical evidence guide page can help with knowing what evidence is suitable but if you are unsure, please upload your evidence and we can advise if you need anything further.
- We will respond to you within 5 working days advising of an appointment; if you have not heard from us within this time frame please call us on 01392 723880.
If you already have an ILP in place and would like a further appointment to review any adjustments, or to discuss further disability advice and guidance, please email Accessability@exeter.ac.uk with the reason you are requesting this appointment.
If you are unsure about completing this Appointment Request Form, or have any questions or concerns about accessing support, please give us a call, email us or attend one of our Quick Query Appointments.
Our teams are here to support you if require exam adjustments for a long-term health condition, mental health condition, or disability. The focus of your appointment is to provide disability support, and advice on adjustments that help to remove any barriers to your studies.
- We will discuss your current situation with you in a confidential and supportive space and explore how your health condition, mental health condition or disability impacts on your course and university life.
- Your advisor will create an Individual Learning Plan for you containing agreed-upon support, such as exam and teaching adjustments, and this will be sent to relevant university staff so that your adjustments can be put in place.
- Listening and signposting on to further source of support for students available via wellbeing services.
- You can review and update your ILP at any stage of your course, but please be aware that deadlines apply when organising/updating exam adjustments. You can find more information here.
If you are a prospective student:
If you are a prospective student who has applied to study at Exeter, you can get in touch with us to discuss your support options by filling out our Prospective Student online form.
If you have not yet applied and you have a general query about the support we can offer, please call or email us using the details above and we will be happy to help.
Appointment Request Form - Disability Advice and Support
Before completing this form, please ensure that you read the following with regards to how your information may be shared with other staff within the University, and about declaring your health to the University - current students declaring a disability.