Details of registration, including collecting your Unicard and registering for an IT account, are sent out to new students from August onwards.
If you are a Home/EU student and have not sent copies of your documents to the University previously, you will be required to present your passport, academic qualifications and (if required) English Language certificate.
If you are an international student, even if you have presented these documents previously, you are required to present your visa or entry clearance form, along with your passport, original or certified copies of your academic qualifications and (if required) English Language certificate.
All certificates, transcripts or Certificates of Qualification submitted must give the final qualification classification, grade, percentage or CGPA awarded. Where a certificate/transcript is not in English an official translation must be provided.
All your documents need to be seen and verified before you will be permitted to register.
Original certificates (not copies) must meet the following criteria to be accepted:
1) University certificates/transcripts need to be on official headed and stamped paper.
2) Original certificate(s) of qualification. Must clearly show;
- the students name
- the title of the award
- the date of the award
- the name of the awarding institution
3) Transcript of results. Must clearly show:
- the students name
- the name of the academic institution
- your course title
- the confirmation of the award
The University of Exeter requests that applicants do not send original documents in advance of arrival at the University as we cannot guarantee their return.
What is 'name-blind admissions'?
The decision maker considering the application for either an offer of a place, or to invite to an interview to be considered for a place, will not be able to see the applicant's name or other personal information which could lead to unconscious bias (for example age or gender).
At all other points of the admissions process trained admissions staff and members of the University will be able to see an applicant’s name (such as interviewers) and this information will be used to match information to an application and to answer enquiries.
Certified copies will only be accepted if they meet the following criteria:
1) The document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community.
The University of Exeter will accept the following:
- bank or building society official
- police officer
- teacher or lecturer
- official authorised Agent of the University of Exeter
2) The person you ask must not be:
- related to you
- living at the same address
- in a relationship with you
3) The person will need to certify the copy by:
- writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document
- signing and dating it
- printing their name under the signature
- adding their occupation, address and telephone number
The person certifying the document may charge you a fee.
Where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation provided by a professional translator/translation company. Translation companies will charge you a fee.
This translation must include:
- details of the translator/translation company’s credentials
- confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- the translator/translation company’s contact details
It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company.