- Enjoy a fully-funded degree from a Russell Group University
- Puts you in a great position when it comes to enjoying more of your post-university earnings, starting your own business or buying a home
- Benefit from excellent facilities spanning a wide range of machine types and software ecosystems
- Our world-class teaching is informed by active, up-to-the-minute research of international standing in developing fields including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and nature-inspired computation
- Comprehensive and relevant programme inspired by the Computer Science development cycle: theory, design, develop, test and apply
- Part of the South West Institute of Technology
6th in the UK for Computer Science
The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
Excellent facilities spanning a wide range of machine types and software ecosystems
You’ll earn a salary throughout your studies and pay zero tuition fees, meaning you’ll graduate with a debt-free start to your careers
|Qualification||Required grades||Required subjects|
|A-Level||AAB||See below for further information|
|IB||34/665||See below for further information|
|BTEC||DDD||See below for further information|
|GCSE||C or 4||Grade C in GCSE English language and Mathematics|
Specific requirements must still be achieved, therefore where a grade A is required, offers will be ABC or ACC. Find out more about contextual offers.
NB General Studies is not included in any offer.
Other qualifications of a similar level can be considered. We would encourage applicants with non-standard qualifications to contact us to discuss their eligibility. Where a candidate has already gained a good undergraduate degree this may be offered to meet entry requirements. Please note that, due to the funded nature of this programme, applicants with undergraduate degrees in computing/ IT are not eligible.
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions is a full Exeter degree, studied over four years through a mix of on-campus residentials, e-learning and real-world projects. As the apprenticeship progresses you will follow one of several occupational specialisms, each addressing a highly sought-after professional role, such as; data analysis, cyber security, software engineering, business analysis or IT consultancy.
IT has always been my passion. When I came across the Met Office apprenticeship with the University of Exeter, I could not believe my luck: two highly revered institutions that excel in education and innovation.
The combination of work-based projects and e-learning has allowed me to more thoroughly understand the content of the course, as I can put what I learn in theory into practice.
Studying BSc Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
The tuition fee for this programme will be paid for by your employer and the Government.
Accredited by the Tech Partnership.
Excellent technical education delivered through the South West Institute of Technology.
Learning and teaching
How will I learn?
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions is delivered through a combination of e-learning, on-campus residential courses and work-based projects.
E-learning elements of the course, including lectures, seminars and online collaborative work, are undertaken through the University’s electronic learning environment. This will supplement and further the learning begun during residentials, as well as providing academic support for ongoing projects in the workplace.
Termly residential courses, held at the University’s Streatham Campus in Exeter, bring all apprentices together from across the country. During the residentials you will meet with fellow apprentices, wider members of the computer science department and spend time with your academic mentor.
Degree apprenticeship roles are developed with a strong emphasis upon the close relationship between employer and university. The academic curriculum will, for a large part, follow real delivery in the workplace with the day-to-day challenges faced in a work environment informing coursework. Similarly, varied academic content will provide your employer with an opportunity to allow you to explore areas of the business that may not fall immediately within your role, such as business organisation or IT law.
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions (Degree Apprenticeship) does not follow the standard UCAS application process. To gain a place on an apprenticeship applicants must either:
- Apply directly for a Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprentiveship programme vacancy with a relevant employer. Examples of live vacancies with some of our partner employers can be found on our website
- Already have a position in an engineering company willing to support your application
- Already have a job offer from a company willing to support your application
- Once you are able to meet one of above options, you can submit an application to the university for a place on the programme
Please note that applicants can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS.
How to apply
- Vacancies are advertised as and when they become available. Register your interest and be the first to find out once vacancies are live.
- Apply for an apprenticeship vacancy through your chosen company's website. Details of all apprenticeship vacancies are available on the Gov website and/or listed within our current vacancies. You are welcome to apply for more than one vacancy through any company offering apprenticeship opportunities.
- Once you have applied we will review your application with the company of interest.
- If you meet our requirements you will be either be offered a place or be invited for interview.
About the apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a full salaried member of your organisation, typically earning between £13,000 and £19,000. Much of your learning will take place at work, either through projects linked to academic content or time set aside for distance learning.
Depending upon the vacancy you’ve applied for, you might be working for a small IT start-up or a multinational corporation. Either way, your employer will be fully committed to and supportive of your studies.