Accounting and Finance
- 11th for Accounting and Finance in the Complete University Guide 2017
- 9th for Accounting and Finance in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- EQUIS accredited
- Exemptions from professional accounting examinations
- Study or work abroad or gain industrial experience
- Emphasis on helping you improve your skills for employment
- Extremely strong links with professional firms and institutes
Accounting at Exeter has a long history of research excellence, with 73 percent of research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent – far higher than the national average (REF, 2014).
A significant advantage of our BA Accounting and Finance degree is that the course is exempt from needing professional examinations such as ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, and ICAEW (depending on modules taken). This makes the course suitable for a successful career in accounting.
If you want a broader programme which still includes core accounting subjects, you may better suit the Business and Accounting degree. This allows a broad choice of options across a range of business subjects, enabling you to appreciate the wider context in which accounting operates. As with all undergraduate degrees in the Business School, you have the opportunity to study overseas or to gain industrial experience.
At the University of Exeter Business School, there is no requirement for you to have previously studied accounting before coming to us, as we do not assume any prior knowledge of the subject.
Professional exemptions/credit for prior learning
Depending upon modules studied and performance, graduates of BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance or BSc (Hons) Business and Accounting may obtain credit towards the qualifications of the following leading professional accounting and finance bodies: ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, CIMA, ACT and AIA.
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Accounting and Finance with European Study
- BSc Accounting and Finance with Industrial Experience
- BSc Accounting and Finance with International Study
- BSc Business and Accounting with European Study
- BSc Business and Accounting with Industrial Experience
- BSc Business and Accounting with International Study