Accounting and Finance
- 5th for Accounting and Finance in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 11th for Accounting and Finance in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- 83.4% of our Accounting and Finance students go into graduate employment or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE Survey 2016)
- EQUIS accredited
- Exemptions from professional accounting examinations
- Study or work abroad or gain industrial experience
- Emphasis on helping you improve your skills for employment
- Extremely strong links with professional firms and institutes
Accounting and Finance is one of the key functions in any organisation because the information that accountants prepare informs the decision-making process throughout the organisation and it also forms the basis of external communications about how the organisation is performing.
As such, an accounting degree opens a number of career opportunities including accountancy, management consultancy, banking and finance, with qualified accountants often found at the highest levels of organisations in all sectors around the world. And, at the University of Exeter Business School, there is no requirement for you to have studied accounting and finance before coming to us, our course is designed so that no prior knowledge is necessary or assumed.
We have extremely strong links with professional firms and institutes, including the CFA Institute, the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment and several professional accounting bodies including ICAEW, ICAS and ACCA. Each year, a selection of the profession’s most distinguished practitioners come to give guest lectures to our students.
In addition to ensuring you acquire subject specific skills, our programmes are designed to help you develop a broad range of personal skills and knowledge, essential for capitalising on attractive 21st century career opportunities. They provide the flexibility to choose from a range of optional modules and select topics that match your specific interest and career requirements. As with other undergraduate programmes in the Business School, you have the opportunity to study overseas or to undertake a period of industrial experience.
Professional exemptions/credit for prior learning
Depending upon modules studied and performance, graduates of BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance or BSc (Hons) Business and Accounting may obtain credit towards the qualifications of the following leading professional accounting and finance bodies: ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, CIMA, ICAS, ACT and AIA.
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Accounting and Finance with European Study
- BSc Accounting and Finance with Industrial Experience
- BSc Accounting and Finance with International Study
- BSc Business and Accounting with European Study
- BSc Business and Accounting with Industrial Experience
- BSc Business and Accounting with International Study