- 6th in both the Complete University Guide 2019 and The Times Good University Guide 2019
- Over 60 days of fieldwork with strong emphasis on technical training
- Taught by Camborne School of Mines - a world class geoscience and mining school with an international reputation
- Ranked 5th for Geology in the 2018 National Students Survey
- £200,000 of scholarships available for students joining us in 2019
Geology at a glance
Studying geology at Camborne School of Mines will give you a unique education in a spectacular location.
Choose one of three degree pathways with options for a three-year BSc or a four-year MGeol:
- The Geology programmes provide broad training in the geosciences and can lead to roles in a range of sectors
- The Applied Geology programmes are aimed at employment within the exploration or production sectors
- The Engineering Geology and Geotechnics programmes provide training related to careers in ground engineering, geotechnics, tunnelling, quarrying or mining
Residential field courses take place in the UK and abroad.
You will benefit from unique opportunities to integrate field-based training with laboratory work, seminars and lectures.
Our programmes are accredited by The Geological Society which is advantageous should you wish to proceed to Chartered Geologist status after graduation.
£200,000 of scholarships available for 2019
What our students say
“My course has been really good as it covers all the aspects of Geology. The lecturers are always really helpful as they have an open door policy, the facilities are great, and there are several different types of labs, a lot of space for learning and loads of learning resources.”
“The best part of my degree has been how many skills I’ve learned. The lecturers are all really good, they are very experienced and have great contacts within industry. Also, the field trips we’ve had allowed us to put the theory into practice, for example visiting mines and slopes for geotechnical mapping.”
“The best part about studying here is the close relationship you have with your lecturers. The facilities here are really good, there’s everything you need on site and going on multiple field trips is really fun as it gives you a good overall experience. It puts a foundation on everything you’ve learned in lectures.”