- Top 16 in the world for Mining and Minerals Engineering
- 3rd in the Russell Group for graduate progression, with 86% of Geology graduates entering into professional occupations or graduate-level further study six months after graduating
- 6th in the Complete University Guide 2019 and 7th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Over 60 days of fieldwork with strong emphasis on technical training
- Taught by Camborne School of Mines - a world class geoscience and mining school with an international reputation
- Accredited by The Geological Society
Geology at a glance
Our Geology degrees provide comprehensive training for students aiming to become professional geoscientists.
Emphasis is placed on practical training in field-based skills, including geological mapping (surface and underground), core logging and surveying.
Residential field courses take place in the UK and abroad, along with one-day courses based on the outstanding local Cornish geology.
Our Geology programmes are taught by the University’s Camborne School of Mines (CSM), which has an exceptional international and national reputation for providing applied geoscientists for industry.
CSM has research strengths in geological and climatic changes through deep time, volcanology, economic geology, ore deposits, igneous processes and more.
Our programmes are accredited by The Geological Society which is advantageous should you wish to proceed to Chartered Geologist status after graduation.