- 6th in the Complete University Guide 2019 and 7th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Over 60 days of fieldwork with strong emphasis on technical training
- Taught by Camborne School of Mines - a world class geoscience and mining school with an international reputation
- Ranked 5th for Geology in the 2018 National Students Survey
Geology at a glance
Studying geology at Camborne School of Mines will give you a unique education in a spectacular location.
Choose one of three degree pathways with options for a three-year BSc or a four-year MGeol:
- The Geology programmes provide broad training in the geosciences and can lead to roles in a range of sectors
- The Applied Geology programmes are aimed at employment within the exploration or production sectors
- The Engineering Geology and Geotechnics programmes provide training related to careers in ground engineering, geotechnics, tunnelling, quarrying or mining
Residential field courses take place in the UK and abroad.
You will benefit from unique opportunities to integrate field-based training with laboratory work, seminars and lectures.
Our programmes are accredited by The Geological Society which is advantageous should you wish to proceed to Chartered Geologist status after graduation.