Travel bursary for our Penryn Campus Open Day
Committed to helping Widen Participation
The University of Exeter is committed to supporting students from a background where they might experience barriers in progression onto Higher Education. In order to support attendance at our Penryn Campus Open Day (in Cornwall on 28 May 2020), we are pleased to be offering a Travel Bursary Incentive Scheme to eligible students.
How to apply
To apply you must firstly apply to attend our Penryn Campus Open Day and in the booking confirmation email you receive following your booking, there will be a link to apply for the scheme.
- Be ‘Ordinarily resident’ in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (and classified as ‘home’ fee status for student support purposes),
Plus you must meet one of the following criteria;
- You live in an area where a low percentage of young people go on to study at University or you live in a low-income neighbourhood, we can establish this from the post code you give us upon application,
- You are a care leaver (you have spent any time in local authority care, for example with foster carers or in a children’s home),
- You are an estranged student (you are irreconcilably estranged from both your parents, and you are a UK student who is under 25),
- You are a mature student. You are over 21 or did not go to university after leaving school or college,
- You are a young carer; anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who, due to illness, disability, a mental health problem, or an addiction, cannot cope without their support.