This form is for students and staff to use. It is confidential and as an informal reporting mechanism, it is not suitable for use as part of a formal reporting or complaints process. If you wish to instigate a formal complaint, please see our formal reporting options.
What will happen if I submit an informal report?
- A member of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) team will respond to you within 2 working days to request further details.
- You do not have to respond to this request, but if you do it will help the team to signpost you to the relevant support.
- If you do not want to be contacted after making a report, you can use the anonymous reporting form.
How we will use your information
- Any specific information you provide will remain confidential, and will not be passed on to anyone else without your permission.
- In exceptional circumstances, if you provide further information which indicates an unacceptable risk to an individual or the University, we may share this information with relevant partners in line with safeguarding.
- Information provided is stored centrally and securely with the EDI team.
- The University will use the information you provide to signpost you to the appropriate support and help us understand what kind of incidents are taking place in our community.
- Anonymised reports on the data received will be considered by the University Inclusion Group, Vice Chancellor’s Executive Group (VCEG) and Council, and published annually online in the EDI report.