Enhancing our IT services and resilience
We are investing over £72M to drive improvements to our IT infrastructure over the next ten years.
We need IT systems that meet the digital expectations of a modern university and that are able to adapt to the changing technology environment. We must ensure we are able to support new ways of teaching and student learning, as well as offering cost effective and secure IT and digital services.
This significant investment will ensure our IT is sustainable for the future and is able to provide improved education and student support that is responsive to requirements and delivered at pace, alongside administration efficiency.
Plans for this investment include:
- Protecting data and services through improvements to security
- Investing in the right technology to support teaching and student learning
- Creating appropriate storage for all staff and students
- Securing high speed building-based network coverage, and high performance WiFi
- Systems that support interactive and collaborative technology
- Delivering improved, sustainable IT support, efficiently and at pace