Priority C: To Support and Enable Our People
The University’s community of educators and professional staff is vital to the successful delivery of these strategic priorities. Therefore, it is imperative that, just as our students are supported to fulfil their potential through our commitment to the characteristics of excellence and to continuous enhancement of our programmes, our academic and professional staff and postgraduate research students are fully supported to achieve their potential. Our objectives in this area are:
- Co-creating innovative education
- Expanding and developing the Education Incubator as a catalyst for innovation and networking, creating fellows from across our international learning community;
- Focusing investment in exploration of the potential applications for enhancement offered by new technologies including Virtual and Augmented Reality (in conjunction with EdTech Exeter);
- Strengthening ties between Education Support teams (e.g. Academic Development and Technology Enhanced Learning) and Colleges.
- Facilitating mobility and networking in support of innovation and reputation-building
- Enhancing and promoting inward and outward mobility schemes as powerful vehicles to enable our staff to witness cutting edge pedagogy in practice;
- Sharing best practice including through events, building on the annual Exeter Education Conference.
- Enhancing support and training
- Developing training and support resources for staff that are flexible, accessible anytime and anywhere, targeted to career need and have the potential for personalisation;
- Continually reviewing and enhancing provision through the Exeter Academic, in light of the Education Strategy.
- Ensuring opportunities for career progression and fostering educational leadership
- Enabling staff to achieve career progression through contribution to advancing the Education Strategy;
- Ensuring alignment between Education, Research and Impact, Global and People strategies to promote parity of esteem;
- Establishing programmes to identify, support and develop future Education leaders, and ensure Education Leadership roles are attractive and well-rewarded;
- Recognising and rewarding the role of postgraduate students and Professional Services staff as educators.
- Celebrating and enhancing the diversity among our staff, and supporting inclusion and wellbeing
- Recognising and addressing differential experiences among educators;
- Aligning with the Provost Commission, People Strategy, Employee Engagement Survey and other workstreams to support inclusion, diversity and wellbeing.l