As the Student Guild we support the accreditation scheme and will actively encourage students to look for accredited properties. We believe that it offers a simple and transparent way of assuring students they will be living in a quality property, whilst being safeguarded in the event of any potential problems.
Students' Guild - University of Exeter
Both the University of Exeter and the Students’ Guild are committed to promoting the Unipol Code in Exeter Accreditation Scheme within the private sector in Exeter.
The University of Exeter is working with Unipol to ensure that landlords are made aware of the benefits of the accreditation. Unipol are operating a local accreditation scheme in Exeter which aims to help students make more informed choices about their accommodation and to encourage good letting practice across the student housing sector, as well as giving Unipol members maximum publicity and priority advertising within an increasingly competitive market.
The benefits for landlords who are accredited with Unipol include:
- Priority placing of accredited properties on Studentpad.
- Exeter City Council approval - HMO licence fee discount, no additional council inspection.
- Realistic repair framework reduces expectations and tenant disputes.
- Robust benchmarking demonstrates your quality assurance.
- Prime positioning at the Accommodation Fair for accredited landlords.
- Competitive letting advantage through enhanced profile and association with the code.
Some further benefits of the scheme are:
- Studentpad discounted rate of £30 per property
- Providing reassurance for students and parents
- Membership of the Landlord forum via the Unipol website
If you wish to sign up to our Landlords newsletter which will contain information and updates about Unipol, please email us.