Read our guest blog post about 'Living in a Studio'.
Read our guest blog post about 'Living in self-catered'.
Self catered residences
In our self-catered accommodation you'll find these facilities and services:
- Bike storage on some sites.
- Insurance cover for your personal belongings - find out more on our Residence Information page under the Insurance section.
- Heating, lighting and water charges are included.
- A limited cleaning service of communal areas.
- Paid laundry facilities on some sites within close walking distance - find out more on our Residence Information page under the Laundrette Facilities section. You'll need to download either the 'Circuit Laundry' or 'Washstation' app, depending on which residence you live in. The apps allow you to add funds to your laundry account via PayPal or Credit/Debit card and you can even check live availability of the laundry facilities.
- Members of the Residence Life Team are available for help and advice on welfare and other matters.
What's in the kitchen and dining area?
- Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table and chairs, and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
- Studio kitchens have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs.
- Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
Please see our Kitchen Equipment Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within our kitchens. You may also find it useful to read our Cleaning Guide.
Meal Deal Package cards
If you would like to spend more time eating and less time cooking then our Meal Deal Package Cards are a great option. They allow you to enjoy any 7 meals in catered residences and can be brought via the online store (link will be live during term time).
What's in the rooms?
Please check the individual residences on the left hand side to see what is included within your residence.
You will need to bring your own bedding (duvet, sheets, pillow etc). Non-fitted bed sheets are recommended for many of our residences.
The university does not provide pots, pans, cutlery or dining equipment, so you will need to bring your own or buy it when you're here. You can order bedding, kitchen and bathroom items to be delivered directly to your residence and have waiting for you upon arrival via UniKitOut. There is a saving of 10% with discount code EXETER10.
Please read our Moving In Checklist 2022 for more details of the items you might want to bring.
Self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter