Read our guest blog post about 'Living in a Studio'.
Read our guest blog post about 'Living in self-catered'.
Self catered residences
Facilities and services
- Limited cleaning service of communal areas.
- Paid laundry facilities on some sites within close walking distance (£2.70 per wash cycle and £1.35 per drying cycle for 2018/19 academic year). See information about the 'Circuit Laundry' app which can be downloaded via the Apple Store or by Google Play (Android). The app allows you to add funds to your laundry account via PayPal or Credit/Debit card. Find out further information in our 'How to use the Circuit Laundry app' guide.
- Bike storage on some sites.
- Insurance cover for your personal belongings.
- Heating, lighting and water charges are included.
- Members of the Residence Life Team are available for help and advice on welfare and other matters.
What's in the kitchen and dining area?
- Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table and chairs, and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
- Studio kitchens have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs.
- Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
Please see our for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within our kitchens and also information about cleaning.
What's in the rooms?
Please check the individual residences on the left hand side to see what is included within your residence.
You will need to bring your own bedding (duvet, sheets, pillow etc). Non-fitted bed sheets are recommended for many of our residences.
The university do not provide pots, pans, cutlery or dining equipment, so you will need to bring your own or buy it when you're here. You can order bedding, kitchen and bathroom items to be delivered directly to your residence and have waiting for you upon arrival via UniKitOut. There is a saving of 10% with discount code EXETER10.
Please read our Moving in checklist for more details of the items you might want to bring.
Meal prices for self-catered students and visitors
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange, Exeter Halls, Mardon Hall and Holland Hall). If you are a visitor or are living in self catered residences you are more than welcome to purchase a meal at a catered hall throughout the term and join us at one of our themed events. Meals start from just £3.95 or with our great value meal package you can devour 7 meals for £26.500. Meal cards can only be used during term time.
You can bring guests to meals in hall by purchasing a guest voucher (valid on the day of purchase only) from the Dining Room, Manager’s office or Reception before the meal available at one of our Catered Halls. You will need to hand in the receipt at the servery.
Please see the price information below for 2019/20:
|Self Catered Students (Excluding VAT)||Visitors and Staff (Including VAT|