View more images of Rowancroft on Flickr.
Rowancroft key facts
Rowancroft consists of four smart, contemporary houses - Francis, Radford, Davies and Garden - offering modern flats and studios. The residence is in enclosed landscaped grounds, near the local shops of Heavitree, with buses into the city centre, Streatham Campus and beyond. The residence is a short walk from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Each flat of five to eight residents has en-suite rooms (187 in total) and a well-equipped kitchen. There are 32 single occupancy studios which are mainly let to postgraduates. They have an open-plan living space which includes a workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This Campus Living Villages residence is managed by the University.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates
- 42 week contract (48 week contracts for Nursing students)
- 40 minute walk/1.8 miles to centre of Streatham campus and five minute walk/0.5 miles to St Luke’s campus
- Undergraduates and postgraduates live in close proximity
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms*
*Once we have allocated all students with special requirements, any remaining adapted rooms will be allocated to the next student requesting accommodation.
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
For student studying on the MSci Nursing programme, the price below is for the contract length total per room.
En-suite rooms at Rowancroft are approximately 14.4m2 (3140mm x 4580mm).
Studio rooms at Rowancroft are approximately 24.4m2 (4020mm x 6060mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably
En-suite rooms have single beds (3'6" wide).
Studios have double beds (4'6"wide).
The lengths of all beds are 6'3".
Some of the rooms in Rowancroft ensuite and studio rooms have a safe however, there may not be one in every room. If you are allocated a room which does not have a safe when you arrive, it will not be possible for us to provide one in the room.
Your postcode is depending on your block and room number:
- Francis House - EX1 2AQ
- Davis House - EX1 2EZ
- Studios - EX1 2FD
- Radford House - EX1 2AP
- Garden House - EX1 2AN
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from Glide Student. Please register using the links below:
- IPTV is available via your computer and can be arranged through Glide Student. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV or BBC iPlayer from any device.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite rooms.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens and information on cleaning.
Self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
You and your flatmates form one compact family and mine are always there for me.