If you are a new student who will be joining us in September 2018, please visit our Arrivals and Freshers' page which will be updated with information about your arrival.
Before you arrive
- Read your 2017/18 Residents Handbook which will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you get to know your University accommodation.
- We have devised a Checklist for both catered and self-catered accommodation to advise you of what is needed.
- If you need to buy items such as bedding, pots, pans and crockery you can visit Click2Campus to buy starter packs and other useful items. These can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
- Complete your student registration online.
All keys must be collected and signed for by you, the tenant.
If you arrive outside of the opening hours of your residence reception you may need to find alternative overnight accommodation in the city, and then collect your keys from your reception the next working day.
For students studying for part of the year only, please visit our Study Abroad/Erasmus pages for information on your arrival dates.
We have devised two useful checklists for both catered and self-catered accommodation to advise you of what is needed.
There are many items including starter packs and bedding packs available through Click2Campus (please check your residence's webpage for bed sizes). These packs can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
- Vacate date - Saturday 16 December 2017
- Return date - Sunday 7 January 2018
- Vacate date - Saturday 31 March 2018
- Return date - Sunday 29 April 2018
What am I required to do?
- Please remember to return your room key to the reception prior to your departure at Christmas and Easter
- Your contract will re-commence on Sunday before the new term (dates detailed above)
- If you wish to return to halls earlier than the Sunday prior to the start of term because of issues with travel arrangements, you will need to contact your residence reception at least 48 hours in advance.
- A charge will be made for any additional nights at the appropriate nightly, self-catering rate and no catering will be provided on these additional nights.
For further information on times of catered meals please visit our 'about catered halls' section.
If you have any questions about whether your belongings are able to remain in your room during the Christmas/Easter vacation, please contact your residence reception directly.
Please see our moving out section for further information on departure dates and times.
Video: what to bring to University
A film by current students on what to bring with you to University.