Residents Information

Our online induction will answer many questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you familiarise yourself with your University accommodation. We recommend you complete the induction before you arrive. Some common areas are covered below and the 17-18_Residents_Handbook.

The information below is listed in alphabetical order for students joining us in 2017/18.

Please note that due to health, safety and fire regulations, bicycles are not permitted inside University residences. They can be stored in bike stores where these are provided, but please bring a good, strong lock. We endorse the Devon and Cornwall Police recommendation that you use two locks of the D or combination lock types.

You are required to contact your residence reception in order for your bike to be logged and tagged for additional identification prior to storing in the designated locations.

For the location of the bicycle stores near to your residence please refer to the individual residence section of this booklet. Please note that space in some bicycles stores are limited and tags will be issued on a first-come; first-served basis.

Bicycle stores are only available for current residents and need to be removed at the end of your contract. A change of £20.00 will be made if your bike is removed from the store following your departure.

Any bicycle found in a residence is likely to be an obstruction and so will be removed to the nearest secure bicycle shed. A charge of £20.00 to cover staff time will be made to the resident; charges may also be levied to deal with mess and/or damage caused by bicycles indoors.

The exception to this is where a special arrangement has been made for members of the University Bicycle Club to store their bicycle in their bedroom. In this instance the bike will need to be kept in a ‘bike bag’; an application form must be completed; and the rules pertaining to bicycles adhered to. A form can be obtained from the University Bicycle Club Secretary or the Accommodation Office team via Student Information Desk in the Forum.

Please note: additional insurance is advisable for bicycles. They are not covered by the University’s block insurance policy.

Student activity is an important part of the student experience and the University is keen to ensure there are suitable spaces available outside of core hours to support enrichment activities.

Wherever possible space is provided free of charge, however, on occasion it will be necessary to make a charge.

Small eventsLarger eventsOutdoor events

Minimum setup required.

Less than 50 attendees.

No extra services*.

Book at least 2 working days before event.

Management will confirm booking at least 1 working days prior to event.

Set-up required.

More than 50 attendees.

Extra services* booked.

Book at least 12 working days before event.

Management will confirm booking at least 7 working days prior to event.

Please complete the outdoor events booking form at least 5 working days prior to event.


Book an indoor event in a student residence

Book an outdoor event

Please see our guide to booking a student event in residences for additional information and ensure your read the terms and conditions before submitting a request.

If you are booking a catered event you have the option of using the in-house residence catering or via the University Fresh Ideas catering service.

* extra services include catering, security, entertainment and similar services

There are a range of shops and catering outlets on the both campuses – details can be found on the campus services webpages.

If you live in a self-catered residence but would like the offer of home cooked meal you can come to any of the catered residences and purchase an individual meal or a flexible package. For further information, please contact one of the residence receptions after your arrival.

For information about meals within catered halls please refer to our 'about catered halls' section.

Residents must pay their charges for University residential accommodation on or before the dates set out in their accommodation agreement. Late fee charges, as stated in the University’s Fees Regulations, are payable for arrears.

Serious or persistent arrears will be regarded as a breach of the student’s accommodation agreement which could lead to it being terminated.

The disciplinary regulations and procedures applicable to students in debt to the University shall apply to residents who owe accommodation charges or any other payment due under their accommodation agreement. The University shall, by these Regulations, warn residents that in accordance with the University’s Ordinance, no person shall be eligible for any award by the University unless all fees, charges, dues and fines owing to the University have been paid in full.

All enquiries regarding payment of accommodation charges shall be made to the Student Information Desk Team located in the Forum. Read all the details about how to pay the accommodation charges.

The University shall not be required to make any repayment of pre-paid charges except as set out in the University’s accommodation agreement or in these Regulations. The University shall not act as guarantor or pay charges for any student living in privately-owned or leased accommodation.

For further information, please refer to the Residents Handbook below.

In University managed and owned self-catered residences, cleaning services include the communal areas in flats. In catered halls the cleaning services include both communal areas and bedrooms. You are responsible for cleaning your en-suite facilities, if you have them.

At James Owen Court and in all of our studios the cleaning services include the communal areas of the residences but not individual flats or studios, offering you a more independent living option.

The University has designed a useful Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide which offers useful tips and advice to help you keep your accommodation and communal facilities at a high standard of cleanliness, ensuring a pleasant living environment for all. The weekly cleaning rota template is a highly recommended tool to use. Feel free to print off copies and use them to help plan for the week ahead.

For information about the cleaning services available please refer pages 8 to 11 in Residents Handbook (below).


Once you arrive at the University, Campus Services staff will correspond with you by email. They will only use your Exeter University email address and they will send you emails from ‘’ addresses. These emails will contain important information concerning both academic and therefore you should check this account on a regular basis throughout your tenancy.


For regular updates about accommodation matters follow our University Living blog . We provide daily updates through late August and September, and weekly posts (Wednesday at 10:00am) for the rest of the year.


The Accommodation Facebook page will keep you updated throughout the year with all accommodation news and information. We can be contacted through the page also and messages will be answered between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.

Please view our electrical socket provision‌ table for information on how many sockets are supplied in your residence.

Under our 'Regulations applicable to University residences' all electrical equipment must be safe; CE marked; have sound mains lead and plug and be correctly fused. Any electrical cooking and food preparation equipment may only be used in the kitchen area of the accommodation.

Please refer to page 12 of the Residents Handbook (below) for more details and further advice can be sought from your Residence Reception.

To call the Emergency Services, you need to dial 999 or 112. Please do not use this number unless it is a genuine emergency. False calls to the emergency services can be traced and callers will be prosecuted.

The University Security Estate Patrol can be contacted on (01392) 723999. To call Police with a non-emergency please dial 101.

For further information about health and safety please refer to pages 13 and 14 in the Residents Handbook (below).

Heating in the majority of University owned accommodation is regulated by an automatic central control system. This is to ensure that energy wastage is avoided and to minimise emissions of carbon dioxide, a key global warming gas. It is also to minimise rising energy prices, which are reflected in your accommodation charges.

The heating in University residences will generally be switched on between the months of October and May. Buildings are not normally heated during the summer months. For cost and health and safety reasons, residents are not permitted to bring their own heaters into residences and the University or Third Party Provider may confiscate such items.

Please note that the temperature inside buildings will be artificially heated to 21°C. During spells of cold weather you should dress accordingly.

Further details about heating in your residence can be found within our Residence Heating Guide.

The University does not accept responsibility for loss, theft of or damage to residents’ property unless it is caused by the University’s (or its employees’ or agents’) negligence or breach of contract.

For the 2017/18 academic years, we have arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh. Once you have received an offer of accommodation check to find out if you need to extend the cover for valuable items such as laptops, cameras, musical instruments, bikes and mobile phones.

Visit the link above and enter in your policy number HH1134 at  to check your policy details to:  

  • Check what is covered.
  • Check key exclusions and limitations.
  • Check your policy excess.
  • Check how to make a claim, extend and personalise your cover.

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both in and outside of your room. For further information please check the Certificate of Insurance for your year of entry:

We strongly advise you not to keep large sums of cash in your room and take a look at the useful video created by the West Midlands Police advising students how they can keep their belongings safe whilst living at university and within the private sector.

The laundrettes within residences are managed by Circuit. With Circuit's Laundry View  you will be able to go online and check the availability of washers and dryers in your laundry. You will even receive an email alert when your wash and dry cycles are complete.

Charges are:

  • £2.60 per wash cycle
  • £1.30 per drying cycle

Facilities are available at:

  • Birks Grange Village A Block
  • Birks Grange Village Ross House
  • Clydesdale House
  • Cornwall House
  • Holland Hall F block
  • James Owen Court
  • Lafrowda Bridestowe House
  • Mardon Hall
  • Nash Grove
  • Pennsylvania Court
  • Ransom Pickard
  • Rowancroft House
  • Rowancroft Radford House
  • St Davids

Circuit have created a useful 'how to' video as well as a useful help guide should you require any additional support.

Please note that the machines used in our residences are coin operated and you do not need a top up card.

A limited number of our residences have lifts. Please do not exceed the maximum capacity indicated in each of these lifts.

All mail needs to be correctly addressed for each residence. Please see the documents below for your residence reception to see how mail should be sent:

High-value or important items or parcels should be directed to the relevant Reception and should be collected within seven working days.

The University is unable to accept large bulk items including food deliveries. Residents should make their own arrangements with suppliers to meet the carrier to take delivery of such items.

Collecting mail

Mail will only be given to the person to whom it is addressed and you will need to show your ID card when collecting mail which can be picked up in the following locations:

  • Birks Grange Village A to E: from reception at Birks Grange Village Central Block.
  • Birks Grange Village: F to Q: from UPP Reception at Birks Grange Village Ross House.
  • Brunel Close, Flats: Mail can be collected from pigeon holes located in the entrance foyers of each block
  • Brunel Close, Houses: Mail will be delivered direct to each residence.
  • Clydesdale Court: from reception at Holland Hall.
  • Clydesdale Rise: from reception at Holland Hall.
  • Cook Mews: from reception at Birks Grange Village Central Block.
  • Duryard, Teign and Yeo Houses: Parcels and items requiring a signature can be collected from UPP reception at Birks Grange Village, Ross House. Letters will be delivered to postal boxes in Teign House.
  • Exeter Halls: Lopes, Pennsylvania Court and Ransom Pickard: from reception at Lopes Hall.
  • Holland Hall: from reception at Holland Hall.
  • James Owen Court: from the pigeon holes located in the entrance foyers of each block. Parcels and recorded delivery post is held in the office and a list of names will be put on the office door.
  • Kingdom Mews Flats: Mail can be collected from mailboxes located in the laundrette.
  • Kingdom Mews Houses: Mail will be delivered direct to each residence. 
  • King Edward Court: from Birks Grange Village Central Block.
  • Lafrowda: from the UPP reception at Lafrowda, Bridestowe House.
  • Llewellyn Mews: from reception at Birks Grange Village Central Block.
  • Mardon Hall: from reception at Holland Hall.
  • Nancherrow: mail and parcels collected from Radford House Reception at Rowancroft.
  • Nash Grove: from reception at Holland Hall.
  • Rowancroft (en-suite and Studios): from mail boxes in the foyers of the buildings. Parcels collected from Radford House Reception.
  • Rowancroft Court: from mail boxes in the foyers of the buildings. Parcels collected from Radford House Reception.
  • Rowancroft House: mail delivered to the building. Parcels collected from Radford House Reception.
  • Rowancroft Mews: mail delivered to the building. Parcels collected from Radford House Reception.
  • Rowe House: from the UPP reception at Lafrowda, Bridestowe House.
  • St German’s (Chagford, Christow, Lydford and Widecombe): from the UPP reception in Lafrowda.

All other residences have private mailing addresses and any post will be delivered directly, by Royal Mail, to your residence. Please refer to your individual residence page for your postal address.

Redirecting mail

You are required to make your own arrangements regarding redirection prior to your departure. Please ensure that you advise all correspondents of your change of address around two weeks before you are due to leave.

Don’t forget to tell your bank and any other companies you regularly deal with. For your information redirection of mail can be arranged with the local Post Office for a small fee.

Mail will be sent ‘Return to Sender’ if you no longer reside at the accommodation and have not made arrangements with the Post Office for redirection. 

Sending mail

Internal mail can be sent via the relevant Reception. There are Royal Mail post boxes for any external mail either on or close to the campuses. Mail collection times do vary and are shown on the post boxes. For more information on services provided by Royal Mail please visit their website.

It is your  responsibility to report faults and damage promptly to the Residence Reception. Please refer to pages 15 and 16 in  the Residents Handbook (below) if you have a repair or maintenance matter that needs attention.

All bedrooms in our halls of residences have access to StudentCom internet. The StudentCom service offers both wired* and wireless connectivity, allowing for the use of devices including desk-tops, notebooks, games consoles, tablets and smart phones running various operating systems.

*Please note: There is wireless only provision in two of our stand alone houses: Lafrowda Cottage and Garden Hill House. 

In addition to the Internet access in the bedrooms, many communal and some external areas are also provided with WiFi coverage.

StudentCom operates a Service Desk that can be contacted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Service Desk can be contacted by telephone, email, ‘Live Chat’ (Instant Messaging) or SMS. You will receive printed instructions including step by step instructions of how to connect to the StudentCom service upon your arrival. In the event that you require any further support or have any queries, these materials will also include the contact details for the StudentCom Service Desk.

In addition to 24/7 Service Desk Support, Twitter Support & Live Chat, StudentCom have now launched a dedicated Help & Support app. The app provides concise advice and guidance on improving Wi-Fi performance and gaming experience, and video user guides from our award winning digital production team, Campuslife. The app is now available via the Apple App Store as well as Google Play.

You will have access to the following StudentCom services for no additional charge:

  • 40Mbps internet access for 2017/18
  • Wired & Wireless connectivity
  • IPTV service (free to air channels)
  • VoIP service (free calls to other users of the StudentCom service)
  • Music service (option to stream music for free)

In addition, you will also have the option to upgrade to the following discretionary services at an additional charge:

  • 70Mbps or 100Mbps internet access
  • IPTV service (premium channels)
  • VoIP service (calls to landlines and mobile phones)
  • Security service (access to AVG software at significantly discounted prices)
  • File Back-Up service (unlimited storage space and automatic back-up of designated files and folders)

The StudentCom service will also allow access to the University network, providing access to email, personal filespace and the online learning materials for your course modules.

StudentCom recommends that all residents install an anti-virus package and that you ensure that the virus definitions are up to date at all times.

The StudentCom services are subject to a set of Terms and Conditions (including Acceptable Usage Policy) which will be presented to you as part of the registration process.

The University of Exeter currently recycles 43% of waste each year and hopes that this figure will continue to increase. We understand that in some countries and cultures people are not aware of recycling and the benefits which come from this and therefore will often throw items into one bin. The University of Exeter provides recycling bins at various sites at both campuses where plastic, cans, paper can all be separated from anything deemed as 'general waste'. For information on where our recycling points are, please see our sustainability map.

For further information on how you can help and to see what can be recycled within your residence, please see our recycling and waste pages.

A safe is provided in each room of the following residences:

  • Birks Grange Village (Blocks A-E, en-suite rooms)
  • Holland Hall
  • Pennsylvania Court
  • Rowancroft (en-suite and Studios only)

In some residences the safe is opened with a four-digit number (set-up by the resident on arrival). Should you forget this number and require the management staff to reset the code a charge of £16.00 from 2017/18. In other areas, the safe is operated by a key.

In catered residences (Birks Grange Village A to E, Holland Hall and Pennsylvania Court) this facility is only available during term-time and residents should not leave any personal belongings in the safe outside of the contractual period.

Many residents arrange for deliveries of food and grocery from supermarkets. If you arrange a delivery you need to ensure that you are available to accept the delivery and meet the driver at the specified time. We are unable to accept food deliveries on your behalf. The items are often packaged in re-usable crates and these must be removed from the residence and either returned to the delivery driver or placed in the nearest bin store for collection later. These crates should not be stored in or directly outside the accommodation and there may be a charge made if staff have to move them to the bin store.

Staying safe in your accommodation

Our Resident Handbook has a section about safety in your residence - see pages 13 and 14.

Fire safety

We take fire safety very seriously - fire can spread in seconds, and it is a potential killer.  Please watch our YouTube video for important fire safety information.

We put equipment into our accommodation to help keep you safe from fire – for example: alarm systems, fire doors, and fire extinguishers.  We maintain our equipment and test it regularly.  But you also have a major part to play in keeping your residence safe from fire.

When you accept your accommodation contract, you agree that you will not cause a fire risk or endanger other people’s health and safety.  Certain items are not permitted in residence for safety reasons including:

  • Candles and incense
  • Deep fat fryers/Chip pans
  • Portable heaters

If we believe that something in your room is unsafe, we will ask you to remove it.  If you don’t, we will remove it from the residence to protect everyone in the building.

If You Discover A Fire:

  • Sound the alarm
  • Call the Fire Brigade (999) from the nearest safe telephone.  Give the address including the postcode
  • Notify the Estate Patrol (01392 723999 - save the number in to your phone)
  • Evacuate the building as usual  

Accidental Activation

If the fire alarm sounds, there is always a reason. However, sometimes this is because the sensors have been set off by accident.

You can help to prevent accidental fire alarms in several ways:

  • When you take a shower, keep the door shut and turn the extractor fan on
  • Open the windows when cooking, and turn on the extractor fan where one is provided
  • Use hairdryers and hair straighteners, aerosol sprays (e.g. deodorant, hairspray) and talcum powder well away from smoke detectors

If you think you may have accidentally set off the fire alarm, you must still evacuate the building in the normal way - you don't know what might be happening elsewhere in the building. However, tell a member of staff straight away that this may be a false alarm.  No disciplinary action will be taken in this case.

Local Fire Service

Within Exeter our local fire service is the 'Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service' and on their website they provide a number of handy leaflets about staying safe at home. Please see below for some useful links providing information on how you can prevent fire within your residence:

Staying safe at the university

We know that coming to a different country to study can be a very daunting experience because the English culture can be very different to what you are used to within your own country.

The International Student Support pages provide useful advice about the differences which you might experience and how you can overcome these in order to embrace the English way of life.

Road safety

The University of Exeter is a sustainable university and because public transport is readily available, students are not permitted to park on site. Staff and visitors are still able to bring cars or motor vehicles to campus and therefore all students must be aware that there will be traffic as they walk around campus.

When walking, students are reminded to keep to the pavements and not walk on the road. Please make sure that before you cross the road you follow the 'stop, look, listen' rule to ensure you remain safe. Please see this useful video for further information or visit the THINK! website for some interactive games about road safety.

Emergency services and facilities

There are a number of services and facilities available close by which are there to help you in an emergency. Please see the information below:

Estate Patrol

The University has its own campus security known as Estate Patrol.  Estate Patrol deal with matters of security and safety.

Estate Patrol officers are on duty 24 hours a day.  They monitor CCTV, patrol the campus, and respond to any incidents.  Out of office hours, they can also help with any issues relating to your residence, such as arranging for emergency repairs to be carried out or helping you to access your room if you are locked out.

The Estate Patrol contact number is 01392 723999 – save this number into your mobile phone now, in case you need it one day.

The department has a committed team of Residence patrollers that work overnight during the term time to provide extra security around the accommodation blocks and also to be available for any welfare issues that might occur out of hours.  The residence patrollers are available during the night if any student feels that they need to talk with somebody or they have a concern that they would like to discuss.  Also all of the Residence patrollers are first aid trained which means in an emergency they are normally the first point of contact.  They can be contacted via Estate Patrol.

Student Health Centre

The Student Health Centre is available to all registered University of Exeter students and is located within Reed Mews on the Streatham Campus. The health centre is open Monday to Wednesday - 8.45am - 5.00pm, Thursday - 8.45am - 5.00pm and 6.30pm - 8.00pm and Friday - 8.45am - 5.00pm.

Information for International students and for details on how to register, please visit the Student Health Centre website.

NHS Walk-In Centre

The NHS Walk-In Centre is located in Sidwell Street which is within the city centre. It is approximately 20 minutes walk from both the Streatham and St Lukes Campus. Please see their website for information on opening times.

Accident and Emergency (A&E)

Exeter's A&E is located within the RD&E Hospital (Wonford), Barrack Road and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you require an ambulance in an emergency, please telephone 999.


PC Ian Lugg is the Neighbourhood Beat Manager for the University Community.  His role is to be a link between the student community and the police.  He is friendly and helpful and has an interest in the safety and quality of life of all our students.

Your personal safety is his highest priority, closely followed by your possessions. You may see him on campus, and he can be approached about any issues on your mind.

You can contact him by phone (by calling 101 and asking to speak with him), by e-mail ( or via Estate Patrol.

Our local police station is located at Heavitree Road which is a 2 minute walk from St Lukes and a 25 minute walk from the Streatham Campus. For further information and opening times, please visit their website.

If you require the police in an emergency, please telephone 999. For any non-emergencies, please telephone 101.

Please see the video below which provides you with fire safety information whilst living in University of Exeter accommodation.

The University is not able to offer students storage for their belongings, but there are a number of private storage providers operating in and around Exeter*:

Surfboard storage

Please note that due to health, safety and fire regulations, surf boards are not permitted inside University residences. There are no storage facilities for these items within our residences and so residents will therefore need to make their own arrangements to store surfboards elsewhere with a local storage company.

Residents who have personal televisions in their bedrooms or watch live TV through a computer will need to purchase an individual licence*. Only televisions provided by the University in communal areas of the residences are covered by a University television licence. The University encourages residents to use IPTV as not all the residences have aerial sockets but also it saves on bringing an additional item which requires separate power supply. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option.

*You now need to be covered by a TV Licence in order to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer. This applies to any device and provider you use. Find out more on the TV Licensing website.

The University has a Sustainable Travel Plan and actively seeks to encourage green travel. In line with this, there is no parking on either the Streatham or St Luke’s (including Rowancroft) campuses for current residents. For most residents the use of a car is not necessary. The Streatham and St Luke’s campuses are compact and Exeter City centre is within easy walking distance of both. Public transport is readily available and many residents share taxis for transport to and from social activities. For travel within the city boundaries, the local bus company Stagecoach offers a student package, please view their website for more details.  

You are strongly advised to avoid bringing a car to Exeter.

Roads around both of the University’s Exeter campuses are subject to restrictions laid down by the local Council, which include pay and display and residents’ permit holders only parking. Residents in University residences do not qualify for resident permits in these areas. However, the University has forged a link with a company who are able to offer Student Parking Off Campus off Mount Pleasant Road, close to the Streatham campus and city centre, for a small weekly charge.

Residents with mobility impairment or other disability-related transport needs who hold a blue badge may apply to the Campus Services Helpdesk for a parking permit and, subject to providing appropriate proof of entitlement, such residents will be given priority and their permits will be issued free of charge.

Please see the car parking website for further information.

Motor cycles may be parked on the campus and at halls of residence at no charge, at the present time. Please ensure that they are either left in designated areas or at specific locations approved by the hall management team. At no time should they be parked as to cause an obstruction or inconvenience to other campus users.

Details about parking, including how to contact the Campus Services Helpdesk who will deal with these issues, are available from the Car Parking Office.

Please note: Motor vehicles which infringe parking or traffic regulations may receive a parking charge, currently £60 or be clamped. A fee will be charged for release, or the car may be removed if illegally parked (e.g. on double yellow lines) and the owner will have to pay the costs of removal and recovery, which may be in excess of £200.

Information regarding parking is correct at time of publication. Please ensure that you check the University’s website at time of application for up-to-date information.

Permits for the following residential areas are allocated and issued from the relevant Reception:

Only residents who are resident at these locations may apply for a parking permit at them.  For further information about parking please contact your Residence Reception.

Please be aware these permits do not permit you to park on the main campus.

Permits are not transferable and should be displayed on the windscreen at all times. A new application is required in October each year and the new permit will be issued following payment of the appropriate charge. Permit holders must be owners or named drivers and have the relevant insurance documents.

There is a charge for a permit for the academic year – charge available at time of application.

A limited number of permits are available for the above residences. Permits will only be issued for the number of spaces available at that residence. Possession of a permit at the above residences does not guarantee a parking space will be available. Once all the permits have been issued, a waiting list will come into effect.


The University or Third Party Provider has no suitable space for keeping packing boxes or large extraordinary items.

After unpacking all boxes of combustible material must be disposed of immediately in the waste receptacles provided at the residence. Please note storage space is not available for belongings sent in advance and, if you are not bringing all your belongings with you, you are advised to ensure that your belongings arrive after you have taken up occupation. Storage facilities are not available after the end of your contract period.
Information about local storage companies able to store items for the vacation periods will be made available after your arrival at the halls.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your room is left in a clean and tidy condition including the removal of all rubbish at the end of the tenancy. The University or Third Party Provider will pass on to you the costs of removing any rubbish or carrying out extra cleaning if you have not left your room in the agreed condition. Your room should be cleared of all personal belongings. The University or Third Party Provider may dispose of any personal belongings left in rooms at the end of term if it reasonably considers that the items have no discernible value, and it may pass on to the student any costs properly and reasonably incurred in the removal and disposal.

If an item appears to be of value, the University or Third Party Provider will retain the item and notify the student that it is available for collection, but then dispose of it if the item has not been collected within 21 days of departure. The University or Third Party Provider may pass on to the student any costs properly and reasonably incurred in the removal, storage, and eventual disposal of the item, and the costs of notifying the student, and may deduct these costs from any proceeds of sale. If an item is sold, the University will make all reasonable attempts to contact the student and pay over the proceeds, but if this is not possible the University shall be entitled to put any proceeds into the Hall Association funds one year after the item was left in residences.

Summer accommodation

Once your contract has finished if you need to stay on at the University you will be able to apply for summer accommodation at the beginning of the Summer Term. However, accommodation will be subject to availability and if we are able to offer you a room you will be entering into a new accommodation agreement for the period you wish to be in occupation. Please note, we cannot guarantee that you will remain in your term-time room as operational priorities may dictate otherwise.

Information detailing how to apply for accommodation is circulated at the beginning of the Summer Term.

From September onwards, you are able to register as a student online via the University website. If you have completed the accommodation acceptance process in full, registering as a student will provide access to a room number as well as your term time address.

Please note this room number is provisional and is subject to change. It will be confirmed upon arrival. For reasons of data protection, we are unable to issue a room number by phone or email prior to your arrival.

Bedding and bed size

You will need to provide all your own bedding, linen and towels so you will need to bring:

  • Pillows.
  • Duvet.
  • Sheets.
  • Duvet cover.
  • Pillowcases.

 Bedding and kitchen packs can be ordered in advance. Further information, including costs, please visit Click2Campus.

Video: cleaning guide

Video: fire safety