Arrivals and Freshers 2019
For further information on Arrivals Weekend for 2019/20 please click on a question below to reveal an answer.
Arrivals weekend will take place on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2019. If you are staying in Lafrowda, Rowe, St German's and Birks Grange Village self-catered accommodation, please note that arrivals will also take place on Friday 13 September 2019 and welcome activities will be available from this date. Full details of Freshers events for Arrivals Weekend will be available on the Student Guild website during August 2019.
Once you have accepted your offer of accommodation with the University of Exeter via our online system, you will need to book an arrival slot for Arrivals Weekend 2019/20. Information on when this system is available to you will be sent by email.
Students who have accepted an offer for one of our nominated residences: Clifford House, Northernhay House, Northfield, Point Exe and The Printworks are not required to complete the online induction or book an arrival time. You will be contacted by your specific residence directly in order to arrange your arrival.
If your arrival time is outside of the opening hours of the reception for your residence, you will need to contact the reception team to make arrangements directly with them to collect your keys, please see our Residence Receptions webpage and look at the 'other' tab to see their contact information. If you do not make arrangements in advance of your arrival, you will need to find alternative accommodation overnight.
Due to the number of timed arrival slots available, accommodation blocks may have a limited number of residents until the end of arrivals weekend. Some students may choose not to arrive for Freshers Week therefore rooms may remain unoccupied until the start of the academic year.
We encourage students who will be staying within University of Exeter residences to not arrive at the University of Exeter any earlier than the arrivals weekend. However, we do understand that arriving early can sometimes not be helped. Please visit our dedicated early arrivals webpage for further information on this process.
Many of our residence receptions are open until 10:00pm on Saturday and Sunday night (Friday for residences open from that date) and you can arrive up to that time by booking an arrival slot via our online check-in system (see our 'how to' video).
Catered halls - the first meal provided will be lunch on Saturday 14 September. All meals will be provided on Sunday 15 September. See our website for times.
Students who have accepted an offer for one of our nominated residences: Clifford House, Northernhay House, Northfield, Point Exe or The Printworks are not required to complete the online induction or book an arrival time. You will be contacted by your specific residence directly in order to arrange your arrival.
Please see information below about their opening times over this weekend:
- Clifford House - Open 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September - contact Clifford House for more information. Please note due to a football match at the stadium next to the residence so if you are arriving on Saturday, please plan to arrive before 12 noon or after 3.30pm if possible.
- Point Exe - Open 9.00am to 5.30pm Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September - book a slot directly with Point Exe.
- Northfield - Open 8:00am to 6.00pm both Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September - no need to book a slot, you can just arrive.
- Northernhay House - 8:00am to 6.00pm both Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September - no need to book a slot, you can just arrive.
- The Printworks - Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - no need to book a slot. If you wish to arrange an earlier arrival, please arrange directly with The Printworks.
If you wish to contact one of the nominated residence about your arrival, please do so via the Residence Reception teams.
You will still need to book an arrival time even if you do not plan to arrive over the Arrival's Weekend. You will receive an email when you are able to access this system.
From 16 September 2019 onwards you should go to your residence reception during their opening hours to arrange to access your room.
If you anticipate your arrival day to fall later than the available accommodation arrival booking dates (usually the end of week 2 during Term 1), we strongly recommend you contact your College to discuss your reason for arriving late and any possible impact on your studies. If you are an International Student, you are also advised to contact the International Student Support Office to enquire about any possible VISA constraints if arriving late.
If you are living in University of Exeter accommodation, please refer to the information below, however, if you are going to be living within one of our nominated residences, please contact your residence reception directly with any queries.
Please note that information shown below is for the 2018/19 academic year. We will provide further information about 2019/20.
- Complete our online induction, which will be available from the beginning of August and read the residents information. This will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you get to know your University accommodation. You will receive an email when this is available to you.
- Book an arrival time through our online system which will be available from beginning of August to those students who have confirmed their accommodation contract with us.
- Complete your student registration online - open from early September.
- Check your policy details and level of insurance cover through Endsleigh by entering in the policy number HH1134* and to find out if you need to extend the cover for valuable items such as laptops, cameras, musical instruments, bikes and mobile phones.
* If you're living in Lafrowda, Rowe House, St Germans, Birks Grange Village (self-catered) or Duryard then these are our UPP residences and you should review your policy using policy number HH1109F.
- Register with Glide Student in order to receive high speed wired and wireless network/internet. Please register using the links below:
The Glide Student user guides are now available in 8 languages which include: Arabic, Cantonese, French, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. Please view their website to download your copy.
We have devised a useful checklist for to advise you of what to bring with you to your accommodation. Please see below:
You can order bedding, kitchen and bathroom items to be delivered directly to your residence and have waiting for you upon arrival via UniKitOut. There is a saving of 10% with discount code EXETER10.
There are a number of independent shops, department stores and supermarkets in the city centre of Exeter for you to purchase items upon your arrival. Shops are often open between 9:00am-5:00pm on Friday and Saturday and 11:00am-5:00pm on Sundays. Take a look at the Visit Exeter webpage for information on shopping in the city.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to complete your online eInduction for accommodation.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to book your arrival slot ready for your arrival at your University of Exeter residence.
On Tuesday 10 July 2018 our Accommodation Coordinator, Catherine, took part in a live Facebook Q&A. Take a look to see if she has answered any questions which will be relevant to you joining us but please note that information given below is for the 2018/19 academic year, so dates may vary for your year of entry, however, general information is the same.
Arrivals and Freshers' Week Events
Video: what to bring to University
A film by current students on what to bring with you to University.