Dr Bridget Sealey, theme lead
Research by Professor Ruth Sealy is helping to inform an NHS’s strategy for achieving gender parity on its boards by 2020. Read more.
Finance, Tax, Business Risk
We bring together diverse expertise in leadership, tax, finance, responsible innovation and insurance law.
Working across business and law, our academics are the leading experts in the issues facing businesses today. From Gender Pay Gap reporting and gender balance in the boardroom, to responsible innovation in the nuclear industry and the effectiveness of self-assessment tax returns; our academics are involved in influencing policy change and working practice both nationally and internationally. Our research has:
- Influenced practice within HMRC through the Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- Shaped the recent reforms to UK insurance law, the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012, the Insurance Act 2015 and the Enterprise Act 2016
- Informed companies’ approach to Gender Pay Gap reporting, a legal requirement for companies with more than 250 employees, from April 2017
- Informed procurement process of public and private sector companies, including Government procurement
- Informed inclusion of entrepreneurship, innovation and new enterprise growth in economic policy around the world
- Informed emergence of responsible innovation into society and industry, including nuclear
- Influenced FTSE 350 companies’ board demographics
Our partners include:
- Bank of England
- Blick Rothenburg
- British Insurance Law Association
- Centre for Effective Altruism
- Crown Commercial Service
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Rokas International Law Firm
- Taiwan Stock Exchange
- World Bank
- Worldwide Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
To discuss how we can work with you, please contact us.