Request disposal of IT equipment, furniture, white goods or rubbish
- Please remove items from labs, pinch points or busy areas to an easily accessible space to avoid disruption.
- We may ask you and colleagues to leave the immediate area, to enable us to safely collect items.
- Be as specific as possible with item details and location to assist us with efficient and safe planning. Failure to do so could affect response time or result in cancellation.
- Consider local restrictions and safety procedures before submitting, and advise the team of any requirements.
- Please keep in mind that we will try our best to remain a reactive service, but new measures and staffing restrictions will impact our response time during this busy period.
Your waste and recycling collection may incur a charge so please provide a cost code. If your item is a free collection, you will not be charged. Chemical waste, gas canisters, paints and solvents must be disposed of via the Labwaste contract.
- paper and stationery
- IT and electrical equipment (excluding some kitchen and lab equipment)
- any furniture or equipment that is assessed by the team as being a re-usable asset and stored
- non-recyclable items (such as plastic chairs)
- wood (including desks)
Other miscellaneous waste not listed may incur a minimum £10 charge.