Shortlisted for Reimagine Education Award
Your careers service is part of Student Employability and Academic Success (SEAS) within Education and Student Experience, aiming to give students, staff and employers quality career guidance and support.
Our goal is to help prepare you for life and work after University, offering quality assistance and advice throughout your course, and for as long as you need it after Graduation.
Whether you’re deciding on your future, planning to get more experience, or in the midst of competing for a job, we’re here to support you. Our information and events are categorised into the phases 'Decide', 'Plan', and 'Compete' to help you to get the right information at the right time to suit your career planning. More information can be found on our Career Planning Webpages.
To be a nationally renowned and highly-valued team within the University, known for our expertise, professionalism and customer-focused approach, and for our ability to provide exceptional information, advice and guidance which gives our customers the best possible chance of fulfilling their career potential.
These key values shape the service we offer for our students. Whilst of course we as a careers and employability service share and enact the brand values of the University, we also have some of our own:
- Be approachable and positive in all we do.
- Be a friendly, customer-focussed front desk service.
- Be able to handle a wide range of enquiries efficiently and with care.
- Deliver unbeatable career advice and opportunities.
- Work hard, communicate well, and deliver excellence as a team.
Our aim is to assist the university in delivering excellence to all students, employers and staff, to help build better futures!
Any thoughts or opinions? We'd love to know what you think - contact us!
When you come to the Career Zone or an Careers Information Desk, we’ll help you with a wide range of enquiries, such as:
- CV and application form advice.
- Booking 1:1 appointments.
- Advice on finding work experience, graduate jobs, or postgraduate study.
- Guidance for interviews and assessment centres.
- Helping you decide which of our free workshops and events will be right for you.
There’s no limit to how often you can visit, so we can take our time to figure out your ambitions together.
To make the most of your appointment visit this page.