View the College Operations organisational chart (pdf)
I work in the Research, Innovation, Learning and Development building based at the RD&E Wonford site. Read Nikki's full profile.
The College Operations directorate brings together a unified service of administrative and technical staff who provide direct embedded support to academic colleagues across all Colleges, institutes, disciplines and research groups.
Our staff provide:
- direct PA support to academic colleagues in College Executive roles such as Pro-Vice Chancellors; Associate Deans; Heads of Discipline and leadership teams within Colleges. They are fundamental to the delivery of College plans by supporting strategic leadership teams at all levels, identifying and managing gaps in delivery and support
- administrative support to key senior academics, enabling them to deliver core work in research and teaching
- specialist support for research and teaching in the University's technical environments, such as laboratories, via Technical Services
- Directors of College Operations (DCOs) work as part of College Executive Groups to help shape college strategies and ensure delivery
- effective partnership working across locally-based professional services staff via Head of Professional Services in Cornwall; linking with key external partners in the community and FXplus.
All professional staff embedded within institutes, including the Living Systems Institute (LSI) manager and administrative staff within the Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI), are members of College Operations.
Together, staff from College Operations support all strategic leadership in the University, enabling delivery of top level strategic priorities.