Exeter-Fudan Global Thought Network
"Welcome to the Exeter-Fudan Global Thought Network!
This is an exciting and important project between Exeter and Fudan to foster knowledge exchange and collaboration. Here, you will meet a group of passionate researchers and students and I hope you will enjoy what this group offer and contribute to the development of this network too!"
Professor Li Li
(Exeter-Fudan Global Thought Network Co-ordinator)
Objectives of the network
Exeter-Fudan Global Thought Network is an interdisciplinary network which facilitates cross-cultural exchange and collaboration between academics at the college of Social Sciences and International Studies at the University of Exeter and Fudan University. The proposed activities and objectives of the network include but not limited to:
- organise a series of seminars, providing a platform for academics from the different disciplines to engage in dialogues and explore potential project ideas. These seminars will be open to students in both Exeter and Fudan.
- hold regular meetings to develop engagement agenda and explore opportunities for staff and student exchange, including virtual changes.
- facilitate interdisciplinary projects between its members and beyond.
- provide a platform for ECRs and PGRs to exchange ideas and work together on research and education projects.
Who we are
|Professor Li Li (Network co-ordinator)||Professor Ji Zhang (Fudan lead)|
|Professor Dario Castiglione||Professor Yongyan Zheng|
|Dr Catherine Owen||Dr Zheng Chen|
|Professor Sajjad Rizvi||Dr Xuan Qin|
|Professor Christine Hauskeller||Prof Chunrong Liu|
|Dr James Muldoon|
|Yijia Ni (RA)|
We have a series of seminars, providing a platform for academics from the different disciplines to engage in dialogues and explore potential project ideas.
These seminars are open to students in both Exeter and Fudan.
- Citizens' Empowerment in Global Perspectives
- The entanglement of political languages
- Positioning Chinese and Western Ontologies in a Meaningful Dialogue - Interview with Professor Sun Xiangchen
- On Global Modernities and Transculturation in Modernist Literature - Interview with Regenia Gagnier
- Professor Chunrong Liu (Fudan University), and other interviews
- Professor Nan Zhang (Fudan)
The Entanglement of Political Languages and Philosophical Traditions
Immigration and social opportunities