Dr Kate Gannon
Programme Manager, NetZeroPlus
+44 (0) 1392 722374
Xfi Building, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4ST, UK
Kate joins NetZeroPlus as Project Manager after seven years working at the University of Exeter in research support and development roles. Kate has worked on the development of major research proposals with a focus on Social Science and Health disciplines.
NetZeroPlus: Sustainable Treescapes Demonstrator and Decision Support Tools is a five-year programme funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). It forms part of the £31.5 million Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) wave two Greenhouse Gas Removal (GGR) Programme to support sustainable routes for large-scale removal of Greenhouse Gases from the atmosphere.
This project will gather evidence, address knowledge gaps and allow decision makers to explore the GGR consequences of different tree planting options.
It will explore all the diverse aspects of forestry to identify “the right tree in the right place”.
The Research team comprises:
- University of Exeter
- University of Aberdeen
- National Trust
- Forest Research
- over 40 project partners including policy makers, all the forestry authorities, many large landowners from the non-governmental organisations (NGOs) sector and networks to represent farmers and the timber and building sectors.
Kate is the lead contact on NetZeroPlus for all project management queries including: publicity and events, outputs, governance/compliance, SME support, research grant development and management.
- BSc Applied Business Management, University of Exeter, Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, August 2021
- PhD French and Geography, University of Nottingham, 2005
- MA in Twentieth Century French and Francophone Literatures, University of Nottingham, 2000
- MA (Hons), French and English Literature, University of St Andrews, 1998
- Aurora Programme Alumni, Leadership Foundation, 2019
- Programme Manager, NetZeroPlus: Sustainable Treescapes and Decision Support Tools, BBSRC funded Demonstrator, Sept 2021 - ongoing)
- Research Development Manager (Health Cluster), University of Exeter (October 2018 - August 2021)
- Senior Administrator (Research Programmes), University of Exeter Business School (April 2014 – October 2018)
- Quality Management Advisor – secondment, University of Sheffield (December 2012 – March 2013)
- Learning and Teaching Manager, University of Sheffield (December 2007 – March 2013)
- Research Associate, University of Wales, Aberystwyth (April 2006 – July 2006)
- English Language Tutor, University of Nantes, France (Sept. 2004 – August 2005)