Interim Director of People Services
Service Level Description
Getting the right people with the right skills in the right role is at the very core of the Attract, Perform, Retain strategy. People Services supports the development and implementation of this strategy together with services which help the University to deliver its strategic goals by attracting, developing and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. We are committed to supporting colleagues to realise their full potential whilst promoting health and wellbeing for all.
Key deliverables for 2018/19
- Improved solution for the Temporary Resourcing Unit (systems/ resources)
- Implementation of full Business Rules to ensure people are employed and paid correctly and to provide clarity to hiring managers
- Putting in place a Preferred Supplier List of Recruitment agencies to ensure competitive rates and the ability to source the best candidates
- Improving candidate marketing materials – via website, advertisements and general information received
- Streamlining and strengthening pre-employment checking process
- Full implementation of ePDR enabling the people planning cycle to include real performance data and drive better informed business decisions
- Investing in effective use of iTrent
- Commitment to female academic careers and reducing the Gender Pay Gap
- Achieving institutional Silver Athena SWAN gender equality status
- An improvement in responses to the Employee Engagement Survey
- Exeter Academic delivery programmes
- New People Development Strategy focussing on management and leadership skills
- Recruitment – supporting our Colleges and Services to attract the best people both nationally and internationally. This includes Temporary Staff Bank solutions.
- Casework – ensures the progression of casework in accordance with our policies and procedures in a fair and consistent way.
- Employee Services – including payroll, contracts, pensions and employee benefits.
- Policy and Reward – including employee relations.
- Health, Safety, Wellbeing and Occupational Health services – enabling a healthy, safe and productive working environment in line with appropriate policies and standards.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity – enabling everyone studying and working here to be fair, respectful and inclusive of each other.
- HR Business Partnering - supporting managers to attract, develop and get the best out of their staff.
- Learning & Development and Apprenticeships – providing people with the right personal, professional and career development and apprenticeship opportunities.
- For all staff and student casual workers
- Supporting line managers to deliver high levels of performance
- All staff
What we strive for
We aim to provide a service that is consistent yet tailored to individual customer needs; proactive in anticipating changing sector demands; sensitive to individual situations yet meets the needs of the University as a business; and provides a supportive function. We strive to demonstrate the value of good HR practice and to embody the role of a strategic partner in all our activities. We will uphold our legal obligations and ensure we introduce good practice and cutting edge HR solutions in support of corporate strategies. We aim to provide services that are timely, fair and transparent.