Student Peer Programme Organiser (SPPO) Workflow, 2023-24
Student Peer Programme Organisers (SPPO) are students (normally 3rd years) who offer to organise/run a peer scheme. They coordinate the peer mentors providing support to mentees. Read our Student Peer Programme Organiser role descriptor for more information on what being an SPPO entails.
This 'workflow' is a stage-by-stage training and development process for SPPOs. It provides resources and tasks which will support you in running a peer scheme. If you complete all workflow stages before the final PPO Network Meeting (end of June 2024), you will have your role as an SPPO listed on your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR).
Please note: the deadline for the 2022-23 SPPO Workflow has now passed.
1. Download the SPPO Programme Plan and fill in the details relevant to your specific scheme.
This plan should include:
- Aims and goals of the scheme
- Explanation of the value of the scheme to students
- Basic information on the structure of the scheme
- Preparation and timeline of actions
2. Once complete, please upload this document to our SPPO Programme Plan Upload form.
Attend a Peer Programme Organisers Network Meeting.
You will receive an email with an invitation to this. Your attendance is recorded by the Peer Support Team, who will mark it as 'complete' in your workflow.
1. Download a blank SPPO Observation Form template and complete during an observation of Peer Mentor(s). These observations enable you to provide Mentors with feedback, establish areas of good practice, and provide opportunities for programme development. This may be particularly helpful to Mentors applying for AFHEA.
2. Upload your Peer Mentor Observation forms to our upload form. You can add the 2 or more completed forms in one upload or upload them throughout the year.
Please upload a short report on how your scheme is functioning, any updated plans for 2024, and some evaluation on the first few months of the scheme.
1. Please complete your report; the SPPO Mid-Year Report Template can be used for this step. This report should include:
- Areas that have gone well
- Areas that can be improved in the second term of the scheme
- Actions for term 2
- Basic information on numbers
- Actions taken in term 1
2. Upload your report to our upload form.
Please upload your Programme Report and Evaluation.
1. Download and complete our SPPO Evaluation Form. This should include a reflection on the scheme and proposed changes or improvements for the next academic year, evaluation data taken from mentors and/or mentees, and a personal reflection on your role. The SPPO Evaluation Form template can be used for this step, but you can also use your own template provided that your form includes:
- What went well
- What could have been improved
- Feedback you have gathered from mentors and mentees
- Actions for the next SPPO
- Actions taken during the year
2. Upload your form to our Programme Report and Evaluation upload form. Please note: at this stage you will also be asked to evaluate your experience as an SPPO. This feedback will be used to help us improve the SPPO experience in future.