EPSRC Researcher Development Fund Award- Industrial Strategy
Eligibility: For existing Engineering Physics Science Research Council (EPSRC) funded students working in areas of relevance to the industrial strategy.
The EPSRC Researcher Development Fund awards are intended to enable postgraduate research students from the University of Exeter to be proactive and empowered to undertake activity to support and increase the impact arising from doctoral research which is relevant to the Industrial Strategy.
The awards support short-term, initiatives that maximize impact and experience outside the University such as:
- Entrepreneurial placements
- Relevant placements with industry
- Relevant placements with policy organisations relevant to the Industrial Strategy
- Exploratory small projects/placements with SMEs
- Activities to support & increase the economic and social impact of doctoral research
Overview of criteria:
- Applicants must be Postgraduate Research Students funded by the EPSRC or incorporated to an EPSRC CDT
- The activities must be completed by the 30 September 2019
- The proposed activities must be in areas of relevance to the industrial strategy.
- We cannot fund activity that is essential for any already-funded project’s success – activities must be additional to that planned for existing funded activity
- Successful applicants are required to complete a report detailing impact achieved through their activities, any potential for future impact to be achieved as a result of their activities (e.g. relationship developed with industrial partner that will lead to future collaborative projects) and any other highlights and achievements.
Once you have completed the form please email to: email@example.com