As well as providing a home to interdisciplinary researchers, the ESI acts as a hub bringing together researchers and stakeholders from across the campus, University, Cornwall and beyond to provide insight and solutions, at local to global scales, to meet the challenges of securing a sustainable future in an era of unprecedented environmental and societal change.
Our Affiliate programme, links us to important stakeholders across the county, including:
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Nature Partnership (CIoS LNP)
- Cornwall Council
- The Environment Agency
- The Eden Project
- FoAM Kernow UK
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- South West Water
- Fifteen Cornwall
- Wardell Armstrong
If you feel that an affiliation with the ESI for your organisation would create a mutually beneficial relationship helping to build the environmental, educational and economical futures of Cornish Communities, then please contact Mark Plummer, ESI Senior Administrator.
The ESI has worked with over 400 businesses and NGOs to translate research and expertise into innovative business practices, products and services. More details of our work with businesses can be found on our Business Engagement pages.
Centres of Excellence
We work closely with other centres of excellence across the University including:
- European Centre for Environment and Human Health (ECEHH)
- Centre for Ecology and Conservation (CEC)
- Centre for Geography and Environmental Science (CGES)
- Camborne School of Mines (CSM)
- Exeter Centre for Circular Economy
- Living Systems Institute (LSI)
- Global Systems Institute (GSI)
- Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (IDSAI)
- Institute for Cornish Studies
- Wellcome Centre for Cultures and Environments of Health (WCCEH)
- Exeter Marine Hub
- Exeter Energy Hub
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
More information on Environmental Intelligence work being carried out across the University can be found here.