Reducing our Environmental Impact
- In particular, Event Exeter encourages visitors to travel to the campuses by public transport or by car sharing. For events taking place in our venues, we like to draw attention to our recycling facilities and also energy saving practices.
- We are always looking for ways of reducing our carbon footprint and paper use and recently introduced an app providing guests with visitor information, reducing the need for printed materials.
- We also encourage guests to only request for their towels to be laundered when needed.
Our Catering Department follow a Sustainable Food Policy which specifically aims to increase the range of food offered from sustainable resources, promote an ethos of buying from local suppliers and ensure that sustainability criteria is included in supplier specifications and contract awards.
In 2015, the team were Shortlisted for the National Footprint Awards in the Food Waste reduction category.
The University is also committed to supporting, using and promoting Fairtrade products within all the retail and catering outlets on campus and have a Fairtrade policy to drive this forward.
Recycling, Reusing and Energy Management
- The University has numerous resources available to ensure that as a business we recycle as much as possible (currently 43% of our waste) and dispose responsibly of the items we cannot.
- The University actively works towards reducing energy consumption and has ambitious targets to do so.
For further information and policy documents, please visit the University of Exeter’s Sustainability webpages.