Principles of Health Protection
4, 11, 25 February & 4 March, 2014
Of interest to all Public Health, Health Protection, Infection Control, Environmental Health and Primary Care Professionals.
|An Exeter Medical School workshop|
|Date||4 February - 4 March 2014|
|Time||Event spans several days|
|Provider||Exeter Medical School|
"Excellent course for refreshing and updating knowledge on key subject areas pertinent to daily work roles" - Feedback from the 2013 delivery of the course.
The four day course is predominantly case-based with workshops on real incidents. The following topics will be explored:
- Principles of disease transmission
- Principles and practice of immunisation
- Principles of surveillance and design of surveillance systems
- Epidemiology of communicable diseases in the UK
- Investigation of disease clusters
- Control of single cases of infectious disease
- Introduction to emergency planning
- Responding to environmental/chemical incidents
- Outbreak investigation and control
- Infection control
- Risk communication
Time: 9:30-16:00. Limited FREE places available for public health professionals working in the South West.
For further information and to book a place please email Programme Co-ordinator Cecilia Mañosa Nyblon at: UEMS_CPD@exeter.ac.uk