From Freshers' Week to Graduation in 60 seconds
As experienced by a University of Exeter student studying at our Penryn campus
Completing the University of Exeter Scholars programme and graduating as an Exeter Scholar brings with it not only the prestigious title but also a wide range of benefits, details of which are outlined in this section.
Participants who decide that they wish to study for their degree at the University of Exeter will be given the opportunity to complete the Exeter Scholars online assessment and qualify as a Senior Scholar. An overview of the additional benefits that you will receive by doing this are also outlined here.
NB: Completion of the national Pathways to Law and Realising Opportunities programmes are fast-track routes to qualifying as a University of Exeter Senior Scholar, and thereby accessing the Senior Scholar benefits package in addition to the reduction in entry requirements listed as part of your specific programme (PtL or RO) benefits. These fast-track routes mean that participants who complete these programmes are not required to complete the Exeter Scholars online assessment in order to access these benefits.
The following benefits are available to participants who are actively taking part in the Exeter Scholars experience and who meet the minimum pass criteria for their subject activity strand:
- An understanding of university life and an opportunity to hear directly from current university students about their experiences
- Increased confidence to help you prepare for the transition to higher education
- Learn more about a subject area of your choice before choosing whether to study it at university
- Develop key skills and knowledge to help boost your university application and aid your current studies
- The chance to make new friends
- Support and guidance with completing your university application form
- Financial support to cover all travel costs associated with completing Exeter Scholars
- Exclusive access to an Exeter Scholars reception at September pre-application Open Days in both Exeter and Penryn
- A travel bursary for travel costs to attend a University of Exeter Offer Holder Visit Day or admissions interviews
- A reduction in entry requirements of up to 2 A Level grades or equivalent lower than the standard entry requirements for all University of Exeter Undergraduate courses*
* All offers or invitations to interview will be made subject to applications fulfilling any subject specific and GCSE entry requirements, admissions tests, and interviews.
The following benefits are available to participants who decide to apply to study at the University of Exeter, have met the minimum pass criteria for their subject activity strand, and have passed the Exeter Scholars online assessment:
- An invitation to a private pre-Freshers' Week welcome and orientation reception at the University of Exeter
- Exclusive access to a range of Exeter Scholars Awards, including the Exeter Scholars Attainment Award
- A 'Transition to Student Life' financial support package, consisting of:
- A three-year 16–25 Railcard or £70 supermarket voucher or £70 Amazon voucher
- £100 towards Students Guild / FXU or £100 towards gym membership or £100 towards Athletic Union membership (All to be used in first year only)
- Additional consideration for your application to become a Student Ambassador
- Access to support and one-to-one guidance to help you secure and fund internship opportunities
- "Welcome to the Career Zone" networking event during Term 1
- One-to-one support from an Academic Skills Advisor
- Careers support for as long as you require it after graduation
This page has been created to allow everyone who has graduated as a Senior Scholar to gain access to the full benefits package available to you. As well as signposting how you can access some of the face-to-face benefits, there is also a form to allow you to select your preferred benefits from the transition to student life financial support package.
We would encourage all Senior Scholars to make the most of the benefits on offer, and hope that they help you make the most of your time as a University of Exeter student.
Please complete the Senior Scholars claim form for September 2019 entry.
The deadline for the completion of the Senior Scholars claim form is Wednesday 11th September 2019