Year 10 Residential
All year 10 students who gain a place on the Exeter Scholars Pre-16 pathway will attend a four-day residential at the University of Exeter's Streatham campus in Exeter.
Information about the Year 10 Residential
The year 10 residential is on Monday 15th — Thursday 18th April 2019 at the University of Exeter's Streatham campus in Exeter.
We will be hosting approximately 160 students from schools across the country. Attendees will stay in Holland Hall, which is en-suite accommodation on Streatham campus.
All transport and meals will be arranged and provided, and all individual needs and special requirements are supported.
Students will be supervised by University of Exeter staff and Student Ambassadors. Where relevant, a member of staff from a particuar school may also be present.
The residential will feature a combination of subject taster activities and advice and guidance workshops. Attendees will have the opportunity to take part in a range of social activities, both on and off campus, and students will have the chance to explore the city of Exeter!
What To Bring on a Residential
- Comfortable clothes for attending lectures, and whatever leisure wear you like.
- Clothing and footwear suitable for taking part in sports activities.
- OPTIONAL: Swimwear and towel for swimming in the University pool.
- Trainers / comfortable walking shoes and some sun cream - you will be expected to do some walking.
- Waterproof clothing and an umbrella in case it rains. It may be necessary to be outside to move from location to location even in wet weather!
- A warm jumper / fleece – it can get cold in the evenings.
- All meals are included, but you may wish to bring some money to pay for snacks, cans of drink, etc. in the evenings.
- There will NOT be the opportunity to go shopping in Exeter or Falmouth.
- You should NOT bring large sums of money with you as there will be no facilities to store money securely.
- There are free cash machines on both the Streatham and Penryn campuses; you will not be allowed to leave the campus to use different cash machines.
Bedding, towels and toiletries
- All bedding and towels will be provided, so it is not necessary to bring any with you.
- Bring essential toiletries such as toothpaste, shampoo, and soap.
Electronic equipment and valuables
- You are advised NOT to bring anything of great monetary or personal value with you, as we cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of these items.
- Mobile phones are allowed, but should not be left on during subject activity sessions.
- You are very welcome to bring a camera with you to record your time at the residential.
- You will be provided with necessary materials to complete your studies, including pens, pencils, paper, etc.
- You may have access to computers (including the internet) and can use these for your studies.
Travel Information and Code of Behaviour
If you have successfully been awarded a place on the Exeter Scholars Year 10 pathway, please complete the following form.
This form asks for additional information regarding travel to and from the residential. You will also need to read and agree to the Residential Code of Behaviour.
Please complete this form by Friday 22nd March 2019 at the latest, and please get in touch if you have any questions.
This form is not currently available
Exeter Scholars Year 10 Residential – Additional Information
Sorry, this form is currently not open for submissions.