How IIB works with other services
Innovation, Impact and Business (IIB) works alongside Research Services. If you don't know which directorate to contact, don't worry - any member of the team will be able to point you in the right direction.
Both teams share best practice, offer advice and training and impact events, evidence and evaluation, and work with Associate Deans for Research, Directors of Research, and Directors of Impact across Colleges.
The table below gives an overview of each team's specialisms:
|Topic||Innovation, Impact and Business||Research Services|
- Lead support for collaborative research projects for UKRI and EU funds with business and other partners, drawing on IIB expertise and connections (ie, projects funded mainly by Research Councils and Horizon 2020).
- Maintain the engaged research policy.
- Manage GW4 relationships.
|Impact and the REF
- Develop impact and public engagement.
- Develop commercial and regional impact.
- Focus on impact funding, including Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs).
- Coordinate impact governance; ie, Impact Review panels and the Impact Strategy Group
- Develop systems for tracking and capturing evidence of impact and public engagement.
- Support final crafting of impact case studies for the REF submission.
|Impact events and communications
- Focus on impact awareness raising internally.
- Manage the .
- Coordinate impact information and analysis.
- Offer post-award support for industrial contracts.
Working with other directorates
We also work in partnership with the Employability teams in Education and Student Experience (ESE) to identify opportunities for degree apprenticeships and student and graduate placements.
There are interdependencies between IIB and Legal Services - see the flow chart below: