For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IIB has had a transformative impact on the external engagement work of social scientists at Exeter. When it comes to impact support, Exeter’s reputation is as strong as any UK university. My own work with policymakers in the World Bank and the European Commission’s Regulatory Scrutiny Board has been supported by skilled IIB professionals – without their advice and ability to identify key funds our partnerships could not strengthen and grow.
Professor Claire Dunlop, Professor of Politics and Public Policy, College of Social Sciences and International Studies
IIB have been really helpful with identifying relevant businesses consultants for developing a GW4 project I am involved in. It’s been great to work with Patrick Frake in IIB and really helpful to have this support at the university, as I really would not know where to begin looking!
Dr Lindsay Walker - ESRC IAA Knowledge Exchange Fellow
Helping you to generate value
We can help you:
- Build R&D projects with partners
- Secure Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funding for your projects
- Manage intellectual property (IP) issues
- Set up ventures eg spin-outs, joint ventures, etc...
- Find mentors and management teams for ventures
- Seek investment funding and other sources of finance for ventures
- Set up and manage consultancy projects
- Find funding to develop partnership projects eg, Link Fund, Open Innovation funds
Generating value guidance
Driving impact case studies
Helping identify plagiarism
Plagiarism is a global issue for universities - using existing processes it can take up to a week for lecturers to detect issues, but with inconsistent results. A project developed with the University of Exeter and Seedata could change this.
Seedata, an Exeter-based SME and Science Park tenant, have worked with the University to commercialise the Intellectual Property form the University research and reduce the time taken to detect plagiarism four seconds. In addition to developing the idea, the new IP and software could lead to exciting business opportunities for Seedata. Read more >>