Undergraduate applications

All undergraduate applications should be made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Detailed information for those advising students on how to apply for undergraduate courses can be found on the UCAS website and on the Exeter Undergraduate website.

When helping your students to fill in their UCAS form please be aware of the following:

  • Students can apply anytime between 1 September and 30 June. However, we strongly advise that students apply as soon as possible to avoid problems obtaining a visa.
  • The UCAS code for Exeter is E84 EXETER. If your student is applying for a course at our Penryn Campus, Cornwall, please note that these programmes are indicated by 'University of Exeter Penryn Campus, Cornwall' after the title and you should still indicate 'C' under 'Campus Code' in the 'choices' section of the application.
  • If you wish to send additional information along with the UCAS form (such as academic transcripts) then please send these direct to the Admissions Office at ug-ad@exeter.ac.uk.
  • Please include your student’s name and UCAS applications number, and the programme that he or she is applying for in all correspondence with us. This allows us to match your query with that student's application.
  • Please ensure that your student fills in their UCAS form in full. If you want to send us academic transcripts, please make sure that these are in addition to rather than instead of the information supplied in the UCAS form. Submitting an incomplete UCAS form may mean that your student's application is delayed.

It is vital that your student's application form makes clear that they have applied through your agency. This allows us quickly to see what commission may be owed to you. Please make sure that:

  • You give your contact details in the 'Correspondence address' section of the UCAS form.  Your name should be in the first line of the address, and your agency's name (and office if you have more than one office) in the second line.
  • If you have your own UCAS 'buzzword' we would highly recommend that you submit applications using this buzzword
  • We also recommend that you are included as the 'Nominated contact' on the UCAS form. Please use the agency name rather than the name of the individual counsellor.