Applications for the Summer 2023 are now open! Please visit our How to Apply section to read the guidelines before making your application.
Fees and How to Pay
International Summer School Fee > £3,500
Each session fee includes the following:
- Self-catering accommodation on campus in Exeter in single, en-suite rooms
- Shared bed and breakfast accommodation in a central London hotel with family en-suite rooms (shared with either 2 or 3 students)
- Heathrow and Gatwick airport meet and greet with advice on how to get to the hotel
- Return transfer to Heathrow airport on departure day
- Academic programme and access to Exeter Virtual Learning Environment, library and study spaces along with basic stationery equipment
- Registration at the University of Exeter with student identity card and access to wifi
- Social programme with all entrances provided as specified in the schedule
- Any transport specified on the programme including return airport transfer
- 24 hour onsite support with emergency line from the International Summer School team on campus and during social programme
- Certificate of attendance and official academic transcript on completion of programme
- Kitchen stock of basic food and cleaning goods upon arrival
- 30 day Gym and Classes membership at our Sports Park - available upon request
The programme fee does not include the following:
- Transport to the meeting point for transfers (eg flights into the UK or transport from point of origin to the airport/Exeter)
- Medical or travel insurance
- Spending money
International Summer School
We offer a variety of scholarships towards your total programme fee, dependent on whether you meet the criteria of said scholarship.
There are also several other organisations which will provide scholarships but do rely on a bit of research. A good place to start is your local British Council.
|Scholarship name||Scholarship type||Requirements|
|Gilman Scholarship||5000$||Please see Gilman Scholarship for eligibility|
|Tuition fee Waiver scholarships||Partial scholarship (Tuition Fee waiver)||Please check with your Study Abroad/Global Engagement Office at your home institution to see whether we have an agreement in place with your institution and follow their application procedures.|
|Partnership Recognition||Partial scholarship (£500)||Please check with your home institution to see whether we have extended this scholarship to your university and then apply as normal. This will be automatically added to your programme fee upon successful application.|
|GPA Celebration||Partial scholarship (£500)||This will be automatically applied to any successful application that supports a GPA of 3.8 or above. This must be evidenced by a recent official transcript.|
Please note only one scholarship can be applied to a programme fee at any one time. Where an applicant is eligible to receive more than one scholarship, the largest scholarship amount will take precedence.
Once you have completed your application form, you will receive an email to state whether you have been successful in your application. If you are successful, you will also receive an attached Offer Letter. This will specify the next steps to take.
In order to confirm your place on the programme, you will need to make a deposit payment of £500 within two weeks of receiving your Offer Letter or any further amended Offer Letter.
|Final Payment Deadline||5th May 2023|
Any applications received after this date will be required to make full payment in order to confirm a place.
Methods of Payment
There are three different ways to make payment with one preferred option:
This is our online payment site. When making payment, please ensure to include the student name and reference number included on your Offer Letter to allow us to match your payment to your profile. Please note that the Deposit payment on the online store is fixed at £500 while the fee payment allows you to amend the amount. If you have already paid your deposit, please ensure you do not pay it a second time within the programme fee.
You are able to make a BACS transfer directly to our bank account. This is useful if the online store doesn’t accept your card payment for whatever reason or you do not have a suitable card to make the payment. If you wish to make a BACS payment, please contact email@example.com and request the BACS transfer information before attempting to do so.
Please note that any refund processed by BACS can approximately take up to 1 month from start to finish to process.
Payment by Cheque
If you are unable to make payment in any other way, the University will accept payment of total programme fees or deposit by cheque. If you wish to make payment via cheque, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Care has been taken in the preparation of the programme but the University reserves the right to cancel or alter the courses available, the content of courses, day trips or social events due to unforeseen circumstances.
In the unlikely event that a course is cancelled you will be offered a place on another course or a full refund.
We also require each student to sign our Code of Conduct. If any student should breach this Code of Conduct, we reserve the right to request the student leave the programme at their own expense. In this instance, no refund shall be provided.
In order to withdraw from the programme, you should let us know by email.
If you have paid the programme fees or deposit and need to withdraw, fees will then be refunded in accordance with the terms set out below:
- On or before 1 May 2023 – 98% of the amount paid
- After 1 May 2023 – the deposit of £500 becomes non-refundable (we have fixed fees to pay per participant)
- Within the first two days of the programme – 50% of the programme fees paid
- After the first two days of the programme – no refund
All refunds are made in UK Sterling and we cannot refund any differences due to exchange rate fluctuations or any bank charges incurred. Refunds for online payments will be made onto the credit/debit card used to make the payment.
Please note that it is your own responsibility to ensure you are able to obtain a visa should you need one. If you are refused a visa, the refund terms and conditions set out above will still be in place.
My time spent on the International Summer School was easily some of the best three weeks I have experienced in my life. The history pathway offered an intellectually stimulating group of lectures that broadened my understanding of studying history and the many facets that a student of history has at their disposal. Aside from the educational portion of the program, the trip to London was a wonderful way to break the ice between all of the students while exploring London together. Meeting people from over thirty different countries is something I will never be able to forget. Everyone brings their own experiences and views, with opinions that force us to open our minds and delve out of our comfort zones. I highly recommend the University of Exeter Summer School to anyone that wants an intellectual, cultural, and social experience abroad that is not only affordable but also rewarding in every aspect of the word.
Christopher - University South Florida, USA