Fellowship applications with the MRC CMM - Expressions of interest
The MRC Centre of Medical Mycology (MRC CMM) welcomes enquiries from excellent researchers who wish to submit a fellowship application to an external funder (for example UKRI, Wellcome Trust, Royal Society) and be hosted by the MRC Centre of Medical Mycology.
We recommend that you first contact the Centre, or an individual academic to discuss your ideas. If you wish to proceed with an application, we have an internal mentoring process to ensure that the applications we support are of the highest standard and fit the strategic aims of the centre.
To express an interest in a fellowship application:
Please complete the form below and attach:
- a 1-2 page summary of your proposed research programme
- your full publication list
- your CV (maximum 2 pages).
Following review of your application, you may be asked to attend a short on-line interview. Only those proposals that are judged to have a good chance of success will be recommended for submission. The decision will be based on the applicant’s track record, the quality of the research and its fit to the proposed funding scheme.
Please note that writing a good fellowship application takes considerable time and input, and therefore we ask that you submit the required documents at least 16 weeks before the funder’s deadline.
We also ask that you take note of the following information:
- Some schemes (for example UKRI Future Leaders’ Fellowships and BBSRC Fellowships) have an additional University level process to determine which applications are approved, and this will be required of all applicants. Recommendation by the MRC CMM is not a guarantee that you will be authorised to proceed.
- In order to manage our resources and avoid competition between applicants, if you are invited to submit a fellowship application, you may be required to defer to a later round of the competition.
- Successful fellowship applications will not automatically translate into a proleptic appointment at the end of the fellowship.
Expression of interest form:
* Fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory