Principles of Health Protection
4, 11, 25 February & 4 March, 2014
|An Exeter Medical School workshop|
|Date||4 February - 4 March 2014|
|Time||Event spans several days|
Of interest to all Public Health, Health Protection, Infection Control, Environmental Health and Primary Care Professionals.
"Excellent course for refreshing and updating knowledge on key subject areas pertinent to daily work roles" - Feedback from the 2013 delivery of the course.
The four day course is predominantly case-based with workshops on real incidents. The following topics will be explored:
- Principles of disease transmission
- Principles and practice of immunisation
- Principles of surveillance and design of surveillance systems
- Epidemiology of communicable diseases in the UK
- Investigation of disease clusters
- Control of single cases of infectious disease
- Introduction to emergency planning
- Responding to environmental/chemical incidents
- Outbreak investigation and control
- Infection control
- Risk communication
Time: 9:30-16:00. Limited FREE places available for public health professionals working in the South West.
For further information and to book a place please email Programme Co-ordinator Cecilia Mañosa Nyblon at: UEMS_CPD@exeter.ac.uk
|Provider||Exeter Medical School|