The University of Exeter Business School aims to train world-class researchers who will shape our understanding of and responses to the most important societal challenges. The Business School offers the opportunity to study for research degrees in: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Leadership Studies and Management (including Tourism).
University of Exeter Business School research has global impact, with the majority of our research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
Our mission is to maintain the very best research and unrivalled links with business and the public sector, we partner with leading global, national and regional organisations to make our research relevant and impactful.
As a member of our doctoral research community, you would be supported through your programme by a close-knit team of academics, doctoral researchers and administrative staff, within your research area, across the Business School and beyond.
Sustainable and Circular Economies
This cluster includes themes around sustainable supply chain reliance; business nature and value; accounting for sustainability; circular economy; framing sustainability; innovation for sustainability; ecological economics.
Behaviour, Identity and Decisions
This cluster include themes around behaviour and decision making; behavioural economics; uncertainty; gender; health and wellbeing; co-operation and social dilemmas.
Firms, Markets and Value
This cluster includes themes around financial governance, regulation and CSR; asset pricing and firm valuation; investment and markets; firm decision making.
This cluster includes themes around tax policy and administration; risk and reputation; fairness and responsibility; governance and organising.
Organisations in Transition
This cluster includes themes around business model innovation; data and analytics for organisational change; open innovation and networks.
Applications are now closed.
- Greening Chinese Innovation: An analysis of eco-innovation in the battery market (Sorin Krammer) contact email S.Krammer@exeter.ac.uk
- Hybrid Modelling and Simulation for Decision Making (Nav Mustafee) contact email N.Mustafee@exeter.ac.uk
- Capital markets based research (Vicky Kiosse) contact email P.Kiosse@exeter.ac.uk
- Enhancing the global reputation of China (William Harvey) contact email William.Harvey@exeter.ac.uk
- Exploring a Big Data for residential electricity consumption pattern and its impacts on the air pollution (Namhyun Kim) contact email N.Kim@exeter.ac.uk
- Pensions/Pension asset allocation/Climate risk/Accounting standards/Corporate finance/Corporate governance (Vicky Kiosse) contact email P.Kiosse@exeter.ac.uk
- Sustainable investing in China (Chendi Zhang) contact email C.Zhang@exeter.ac.uk
- Attenuating the bullwhip effect in global supply chains (Stephen Disney) contact email S.M.Disney@exeter.ac.uk
- Development of algorithms that make moral decisions (Edmond Awad) contact email E.Awad@exeter.ac.uk