Choose Exeter and you can go further
The University of Exeter, in the south west of the UK, is one of the top universities in the world. Our two locations in Exeter and Cornwall offer beautiful campuses in vibrant communities, and are ideal environments in which to study and live.
We received our Royal Charter in 1955, although our predecessor institutions, the Royal Albert Memorial College and the University College of the South West of England, were established in 1900 and 1922 respectively.
Here are just a few reasons to choose the University of Exeter:
- TEF Gold award for teaching excellence - Consistently delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students
- Research excellence - 98% of our research rated as world leading or internationally recognised
- Top 200 of universities worldwide
- Graduate employability - 95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation (DHLE Survey 2015/16)
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of research intensive universities
- Sporting success - 5th in the 2016-2017 British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championship
- International reputation - winner at the What Uni? Student Choice awards 2015 & 2017
- Support for students - our support staff are on hand to support you throughout your degree, from our Wellbeing and Disability Services, to support for care leavers, mature and estranged students
- Beautiful campuses - the University of Exeter has won Green Flag Awards for its picturesque and eco-friendly campuses
- A perfect location - choose from a vibrant city centre location (Exeter) or the quirky seaside community of Penryn, near Falmouth (Cornwall), both with coast and countryside on the doorstep, offering an abundance of outdoor activities.
What our students say:
"The University’s ranking and reputation were key factors for me in choosing where to study"
“I chose to study at the University of Exeter for a number of reasons, however the University’s ranking and reputation were key factors for me in choosing where to study. As an international student, settling into Exeter was quite comfortable and easy. I come from the hustling and bustling city Dubai, but I really like the quiet nature of Exeter. It is a very different atmosphere compared to the one I was brought up in. The scenery Exeter has to offer is beautiful! The campus itself is of a great size and is a beauty in its own right. If you need anything urgently there are plenty of options within campus, including a great variety of cafes and restaurants!”
Sanjina, studying MSc Marketing
"Being a CSM graduate opens doors"
“The Masters course at Camborne School of Mines (CSM) is one of the very few that really prepares you for industry. In my experience it was well focused and I see the benefits of what we studied in almost every day of work. In addition to this the alumni seem to take care of their own. Being a CSM graduate opens doors due to the overwhelming respect for the degrees they offer within the industry.”
Michael, studying MSc Mining Geology
"The staff and my fellow students have been really supportive and welcoming"
"The staff and my fellow students have been really supportive and welcoming: I feel like I’ve become part of the Exeter Drama community. I think it’s important for any drama student to have access to performance space and the facilities at Exeter are amazing; the rehearsal rooms and studios are fantastic."
Alice, studying MA Theatre Practice
1Research Excellence Framework 2014
2THE World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings
Outstanding results in the Research Excellence Framework 20141
Top 200 of universities worldwide2
95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation3
A member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities
Rated gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Rated 5 stars in the QS Stars University Ratings 2018