Institute of Arab & Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholarship (International)
About the award
The Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholarships 2021/22 recognise high academic achievement and ambition. The award amounts are the full tuition fee of £19,400 or a partial fee waiver of £7,500 (please note, the award covers one year of fees only, ie. for 2 year programmes only the first year fee will be waived or reduced).
These awards are available to International fee status applicants who already hold an offer to study an eligible Masters programme in the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter beginning in the 2021/22 academic year.
There will be one opportunity to apply this year, the deadline being 23rd April 2021. You should apply at the earliest opportunity following receipt of your programme offer to ensure consideration for one of these scholarships.
With the exception of any Prompt Payment Reward for which you might be eligible, you cannot receive more than one scholarship from the University of Exeter; if you are eligible for multiple scholarships you will be awarded whichever scholarship has the higher value. If your tuition fees will be financed by an external body (such as an overseas government or Chevening, Commonwealth or a partner Institution) with whom the University has a shared financing agreement this award may be invalidated or superseded with a different fee arrangement.
If you expect to receive funding from a charity this may also make you ineligible to receive this scholarship.
It is your responsibility to inform us if you are in receipt of any external funding prior to enrolment; please send a soft copy of the award letter to admissions email@example.com.
If you defer your 2021/22 offer or change fee status then your scholarship offer will be invalidated. In the event that you withdraw or interrupt your studies post enrolment then the University Finance regulations at that date will apply as regards any repayment or other requirements: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/finance/studentfinanceregulations/
Applicants must be deemed International for fee-paying purposes and hold an offer for one of the following programmes with a start date of September 2021:
• MA Advanced Arabic
• MA Gender Studies (Middle East and Islamic World)
• MA Gulf Studies
• MA International Relations and Arabic
• MA Islamic Studies
• MA Kurdish Studies
• MA Middle East Studies
• MA Middle East Politics
• MA Middle East Politics and Arabic
• MA Middle East Politics and International Relations
• MA Palestine Studies
How to apply
To apply, you must complete and submit an online application form and upload certain documents, including:
- A letter of reference supporting your academic ability (you are required to provide the actual reference rather than just contact details).
- A copy of your CV.
- Transcript(s) detailing grades and content from your previous qualification(s).
- A covering letter of no more than 300 words responding to the following questions:
1. What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
2. What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
3. What would being awarded an Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
4. As an Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
You may only make one application for the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholarship per eligible programme for which you are holding an offer.
Applications will be checked initially to ensure that the eligibility criteria have been met. Applications will then be considered by a nominated panel within the College. If candidates are unsuccessful for a higher value award they will be automatically considered for a lower value award. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by 20th May 2021.
|Application deadline:||23rd April 2021|
|Number of awards:||8|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: College Student Recruitment Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|