Applications Open - 30th January 2020
Applications Close - 7th June 2020
Programme Start - 19th July 2020
Programme End - 2nd August 2020
We try to make booking the programme easy by including as much as possible into one set programme fee.
We provide a 'meet and greet' service for each student who joins us from two specific areas on 19 July 2020, either:
- from the University of Exeter for students who are already in the UK or wish to travel straight to Exeter
- Heathrow airport between 10am and 4pm.
We will ask you to confirm at which area you will be joining us and then provide you with the details of where to meet, once you have confirmed your place on the programme. If you are unable to manage either of these places or during this window, let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also provide guidance on the best way to reach either area once in the UK.
If you are joining us at the airport, we will ensure someone is there from our team to meet you at the arrival area of your terminal after you have landed and collected your luggage. You will then join other students who are already in the airport and you will all travel to Exeter together via an accompanied private transfer. We would recommend joining us at the airport as this gives you a chance to get to know to people right from the beginning of the programme.
Exeter Campus Arrivals
If you are joining us at Exeter, we will ask you for an approximate time of arrival and we will give you directions (including sat nav postcode) to the place where you will be met by our staff. We would ask you to arrive between 12pm and 6pm on 19 July.
Half board accommodation is provided on campus as part of the programme fee.
Each student is accommodated in a single, en-suite bedroom on campus with a lockable door and secure entrance to each area of accommodation. Bedding and towels are provided in each bedroom and the rooms are cleaned weekly.
Once you arrive in Exeter, you will be shown to your accommodation and allowed to settle in and get some food (depending on the time of day).
Half board catering (breakfast and dinner) is provided as part of the programme fee. We ask that any allergies or dietary needs are provided to us before the start of the programme via our Welfare Form. Most meals are provided on campus, but we do go off-campus as well to ensure students eat at a variety of venues.
Lunch is not provided as part of the programme but there are several cafes and shops on campus and around the University to purchase lunch during the day. We would recommend a budget of up to £5 for lunch each day on and off campus.
A social programme of activities is provided, please the social page for more information.
All transport and equipment required for the social programme are included in the programme fees. We only ask that students take note of the packing list to ensure they have suitable clothing and footwear.
Included in the programme fee is:
- Entire academic programme
- Basic stationery materials
- Any transport required for the academic pathway
- Dated certificate of attendance
- Personal character reference detailing participation and conduct can be supplied if requested
Each group of up to 15 students is provided with a group leader who is a fully trained, current University Of Exeter student, supported by the International Summer School team. We do this because:
- You will be supported by someone you are more able to relate to in age and interests, who is then able to become more a peer mentor and ensure you make the most of your stay with us.
- Current University of Exeter students are people who have been in your shoes, deciding what to study and where. They are a great source of information and are excited to share their experiences with you.
- The people who are best able to showcase the university and the city of Exeter to give you the best time are the people experiencing it themselves right now. This means that you will be shown a side of university life that only other students can give you.
The group leaders are supported by our staff at all times to ensure your safety and wellbeing, so if you are concerned about anything, you can talk to either your group leader or member of the International Summer School team.
A return transfer is included within the programme fees. Students are fully supervised at the airport until the moment they pass through security to the gates. We would recommend a flight from 15:00 onwards and our transfer window runs until 19:00, when any flights up to 21:00 will have to be through security and in departure gates. Any flights departing after 21:00 will be subject to an additional fee.
Any students being met from Exeter will be supervised until the arranged time of pick up at the University; adults meeting the students will need to be confirmed in advance.