Initiator Grant Scheme
Initiator Grants are intended to provide seed funding to promote and develop joint projects. These grants are intended for building collaborative activities that will refine research or education ideas. Examples include research visits or small workshops to formulate joint research projects or larger grant submissions, or development of an innovative shared education programme.
We are pleased to announce that applications for the next round of Initiator Grants have now opened. Please find more information below.
Exeter Specific Funding Details:
Exeter lead applicants will need to be aware that the project timeline transects financial year-end (31 July). Careful consideration will be required to project spending both before and after the 31 July.
Please take careful note of the following points:
- The total value of the award must be spent by 1 February 2020 for the agreed purpose as outlined in the proposal.
- As the award crosses UoE year-end finance procedures, that project spending activity will need to be carefully planned and appropriately split (if necessary) across the 18/19 and 19/20 financial divide.
- Any unused funds allocated to and remaining at the end of the July 31st (18/19 financial year), will be lost.
- Any unused funds allocated to and remaining after 1 February 2020 will be returned to the parent QUEX budget.
- To facilitate spending from Exeter, a T1 ‘child-account’ will be set-up for your project, from which you will be able to directly manage and spend your award.
- Global Partnerships will provide the ‘Parent’ QUEX codes required and your college finance department will set-up the ‘child’ account and communicate your project specific cost code to you via email.
- You will be provided with a form to complete and sign following an offer of an award. This form will provide you with the opportunity to detail your spending plan across year-end and will support the set-up of the T1 project specific account.