The Living Systems Institute (LSI) seeks innovative and sustainable partnerships with industry. We provide industry with access to expert researchers including biologists, physicists, engineers and mathematicians, working with cutting-edge technologies to solve the most complex biological problems.
- Quest Genetics - De-risking drug discovery
- Neuronostics - Clinical decision support tools
The LSI is a purpose-designed institute and houses specialist facilities and capabilities, available for use by external partners through collaboration with LSI academics or on a service basis.
- Functional Phenotype Flow Cytometer (FPFC) - New technology to understand cellular make-up and improve personalised medicine
- HDX-Mass Spec - Analytical methods to better understand protein dynamics
- Bioimaging Centre - A state of the art facility within the School of Biosciences
The University of Exeter is a scientific hub for the region and is open for collaboration, contract research, facilities access, trialling interventions, and consultancy. Whether examining genetic pathways, screening for novel drug-targets, creating diagnostic or digital tools, or undertaking clinical trials for drugs or medical devices, the University strives to develop strategic partnerships for specific projects, indications and technologies across a number of sectors.
- Smarti Environmental
- EPSRC Hub for Quantitative Modelling in Healthcare