Dr Kate Gannon
Research Development Manager (Health Cluster)
+44 (0) 1392 722374
Medical School Building
Medical School Building, St Luke's Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX1 2LU, UK
Kate's role is to provide research development, management support and advice to academics across the research project lifecycle from idea to impact, supporting both the research development and financial elements. This includes identifying funding opportunities, coordinating bid development and supporting live projects and post project activities. Her role directly supports standard to high risk/ complex projects.
Her role is within the Health Research Development and Management pillar of the Research Services Directorate, which provides local delivery of support to academics across the full research project lifecycle from horizon scanning, research development, bidding and contracting, research project management & delivery (including financial post-award management) to post-project development and reporting, bringing together discipline-focused resources with funder-focused expertise.
She is currently the Research Services discipline lead for the Institute of Health Research and the professional service lead for the NIHR Funder Advisory Network.
- PhD French and Geography, University of Nottingham, 2005
- MA in Twentieth Century French and Francophone Literatures, University of Nottingham, 2000
- MA (Hons), French and English Literature, University of St Andrews, 1998
- Aurora Programme Participant, Leadership Foundation, 2019
- BSc Applied Business Management, expected 2021
- Research Development Manager (Health Cluster), University of Exeter (October 2018 - ongoing)
- Senior Administrator (Research Programmes), University of Exeter Business School (April 2014 – October 2018)
- Quality Management Advisor – secondment, University of Sheffield (December 2012 – March 2013)
- Learning and Teaching Manager, University of Sheffield (December 2007 – March 2013)
- Research Associate, University of Wales, Aberystwyth (April 2006 – July 2006)
- English Language Tutor, University of Nantes, France (Sept. 2004 – August 2005)