Schools and Colleges
Supporting students from all backgrounds to access, succeed and progress through higher education
We believe that fair access to higher education is a fundamental enabler for social mobility, improving life opportunities and outcomes for individual students, while benefiting the economy and society as a whole.
The University is committed to enabling social mobility through education. We aim to widen participation; raise attainment; contribute to a strong regional skills base; and bridge gaps in retention, progression and success to ensure our students enjoy the best possible outcomes at University and as graduates.
Our strategy is based on the following principles:
- Diversity, fair access and inclusivity
- A whole student lifecycle approach
- Collaboration and partnership
- Evidence-based practice
We aim to:
- Improve access to the University of Exeter and work collaboratively within our region and to better understand and address barriers to social mobility
- Address the causes of observable gaps in success and progression for key groups
- Enable an inclusive university culture where all can fulfil their potential