Informal report (Penryn, Falmouth and Truro Campuses)
This form is for students and staff from the University of Exeter, Falmouth University, FX Plus and The Students’ Union to use. It is confidential and as an informal reporting mechanism, it is not suitable for use as part of a formal reporting or complaints process. If you wish to instigate a formal complaint, please contact Student Support (the Living Support and Wellbeing teams) (students) or your institution’s relevant HR contact (staff) to find out more information about the formal complaints process.
What will happen if I submit an informal report?
- A member of staff from Student Support or the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) team will respond to you within 2 working days to request further details.
- You do not have to respond to this request, but if you do it will help us to signpost you to the relevant support.
- If you do not want to be contacted after making a report, you can use the anonymous reporting form.
How we will use your information
- Reports will remain confidential and will not be passed on to anyone else without your permission.
- In exceptional circumstances, if you provide further information which indicates an unacceptable risk to an individual or the University, we may share this information with relevant partners in line with our safeguarding duties.
- Information provided is stored centrally and securely with the Student Support and EDI teams.
- The Universities will use the information you provide to signpost you to the appropriate support and help us understand what kind of incidents are taking place in our communities.
- Anonymised reports on the data collected will be considered by the Universities’ senior management and relevant multi-institutional working groups, published annually online and shared with external agencies (such as Devon and Cornwall Police) to enable a community-based approach to tackling hate incidents and crimes.