Procedure for applying to purchase additional leave 

  • Staff wishing to purchase additional leave are encouraged to discuss their requests informally with their line manager at the earliest opportunity so that the impact on the work in their area can be assessed in time for a formal submission to be made.
  • Employees should submit a formal application (using Form PD54) to their line manager which will need to be approved by the College PVC or Director of Service.
  • The completed form should be forwarded to the Pay and Benefits team in People Services by 30th November or 31st May.
  • Where approved, the leave entitlement will be added to the employee's annual leave entitlement on iTrent and the application form retained on the employee's personal file.  The employee will need to request the leave via eTrent as per normal annual leave application.
  • There will be no right of appeal if an application is not supported.