Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University, including free counselling.
Caring responsibilities and home schooling
It is likely that some of us will be juggling work and study with caring responsibilities. We appreciate all the efforts that people are making to remain productive and the challenges that many may be experiencing.
It can help to speak with your line manager, so that changes to priorities or work patterns and support can be agreed.
The following resources may also be helpful:
- Parents, carers, guardians: A home working guide
- Parents, carers, guardians: Reopening of schools and childcare settings
- Spectrum Life is the University's confidential counselling and support service. Colleagues can use it to access parental coaching.
- The LinkedIn course ‘Time Management and Working from Home’ includes tips for working parents and other caregivers who might be balancing professional and personal responsibilities in the home.
- Story time for little ones is a series of online video stories for children. It includes a story about lockdown.
- 'Piperpotamus learns about coronavirus' is a free online book, which parents can use to explain coronavirus to children, created by fourth year medicine student Annis Watts.
The following websites may be useful to find information and support with caring responsibilties: