Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University, including free counselling.
World Mental Health Day 2021
World Mental Health Day is on Sunday 10th October 2021.
Thank you to everyone for sending in your amazing wellbeing tips and inspiration surrounding this year’s World Mental Health Day theme: Mental Health in an Unequal World. Click below to be inspired!
- For World Mental Health Day, join MHFA England for an interactive session on supporting your own and your colleagues' mental health. Business Disability Forum have produced a Mental Health Toolkit worth exploring too.
- For further support in line with this year’s theme do contact our lovely Equality Diversity & Inclusion team or view their web pages. There are also a range of staff networks you can join.
- If this year's topic of Mental Health in an Unequal World has triggered some difficult thoughts or feelings for you, please do remember we have free and confidential counselling support available from our Employee Assistance Programme Spectrum Life.
- The University of Exeter is an inclusive community, where everyone has the right to be treated with respect. Harassment, bullying, intimidation and discrimination (for example racism, homophobia, sexual discrimination) go against all we stand for and will not be tolerated. If you've experienced or witnessed any of the above we encourage you to report it and to get the support you might need. You can do this via our Speak Out option.
- Finally, a word from our Vice Chancellor Lisa Roberts: "As many of you know, I take our community’s wellbeing and mental health very seriously. We can only thrive when we all support ourselves and our colleagues so I would encourage you all to find a moment to review these excellent resources. And please don’t forget that our Staff Wellbeing team is here to support you.”